Where the Hell is our president?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just curious, where did you see that?

From folks who have geiger counters that are posting their findings on the interwebz.

Think about this... The jet stream travels anywhere from 150 mph to 300 mph. Any radiation from Japan could have already reached the US by now simply by doing the math.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because we are a nation that comes to the aid of those in need. If a high road needs to be taken then that's what we need to do. If we don't help Libya then rest assured a mass "cleansing" will take place. Some people may be satisfied going through life only thinking about themselves and never lifting a finger to help a fellow man. There are many, many others of us that will go out of our way to help someone in need.

I dunno if you read or heard the news or not... But we are currently bankrupt. Government is wanting to shut down for a bit. You do realize that this "intervention" you'd like to occur will cost money, don't you? And exactly how are we going to pay for that? Sounds like we have bigger problems on our own already that need to be addressed and nobody is coming to our aid.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno if you read or heard the news or not... But we are currently bankrupt. Government is wanting to shut down for a bit. You do realize that this "intervention" you'd like to occur will cost money, don't you? And exactly how are we going to pay for that? Sounds like we have bigger problems on our own already that need to be addressed and nobody is coming to our aid.

Exactly. We need to get our own affairs in order before we start telling others how to do things.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize that this "intervention" you'd like to occur will cost money, don't you?

As well as the possibility of it costing American lives. I don't care if it makes me a selfish bastard; I have no desire to risk expending the lives of my own sons for the "liberation" of a country that will more than likely (continue to) be hostile towards the United States. I'm sick of Americans burying their kids for the bullsh*t games of our intrusive, runaway government. And I'm a Conservative.

From the movie "Taps" in the early 80s:

Some sorry son of a b*tch has got you convinced that dying for a cause is oh, so romantic. Well, that's the worst kind of all the kinds of bullsh*t there is!

Especially if it's for someone else's cause.......

This post deals with Libya, not Japan.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From folks who have geiger counters that are posting their findings on the interwebz.

Think about this... The jet stream travels anywhere from 150 mph to 300 mph. Any radiation from Japan could have already reached the US by now simply by doing the math.

Everything I've seen so far shows no changes in radiation here in the U.S. In fact, when Chernobyl totally melted down and exploded, scattering the entire contents, changes in the radiation levels here in the
U.S. were barely noticeable. The jet stream is there, for sure, but the radioactive nuclides are not air, they are heavy particles. Heavy levels of radiation could cause elemental transmutation of the particles in and around the reactor, as well as the air around the reactor, which could be carried by the jet-stream. If we see any radiation, it will most likely be later this evening. The EPA is also setting up many more monitors along the west coast as well as Guam, Hawaii, and Alaska. I'm just wary of Fred in his basement with a cold war era Geiger counter who suddenly hears it click "slightly faster than it did last night" and posts on the internet that the Japanese radiation is here.

Anyway, I don't disagree with the original theme of this thread. I have no clue what Mr. POTUS is doing, but so far it hasn't affected his ability to talk about his basketball bracket on ESPN or his upcoming vacation. Who knows, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom