Which AR-15 Lower is Better - lots of brands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jre308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to put together 3 guns

1. 9mm rifle using the colt/Uzi style magazines. 16inch barrel

2. Ar-15 pistol in .223/5.56: where do you find a pistol lower?

3. Ar-15 pistol in 300 blackout.

Any suggestions.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rijas Custom Services...

Seriously though, most lowers are pretty much the same. Palmetto, Spikes, YHM, BCM... Pick whichever is cheaper and good luck with the builds.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are interested in buying a premium brand lower, there is a sponsor that is selling Noveske Chainsaw lowers at a fair price.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you get three of these, they're $79 each. Shipping ~$20, plus transfer fees. Not sure if these can be used as pistol lowers or not. You'd have to ask someone more educated on the NFA rules.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just about any of them. I've used LAR, DPMS and even Olympic. The parts all fit and they all work. Not sure about using one for a pistol, maybe one of the FFL's here can clear that up. The last lower I bought was listed on the 4473 as "Other".

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any lower can be used to build a pistol as long as it has never been used to build a rifle. If its new you should be good to go, most people list them as "reciever" or "other" on the 4473.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A receiver is a receiver, unless you are looking at the high end stuff. The higher end stuff is functionally the same, except that they may have a better finish or some extra options. As stated above, any can be used for a pistol build. Let me know if I can help you, I travel to Mcalester occasionally and don't mind. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom