Why get an AR-9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vote for the “because I can” first and foremost. I also like the interchangeable mags between PCC and Handgun. Better accuracy at distance and more power at distance. All that being said, for multiple threats at close to moderate distances, I would vote my AR in 5.56
Even with V Max rounds, I'd rather have my AK-V in a strictly indoor encounter than my 5.56 AR. I just trust 9mm expansion a little more.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about a glock with a 16" barrel in a chassis vs a true PCC or AR-9?

A friend of mine called me about a similar setup using a Sig 320. He's relatively new to guns. I advised him that he'd be better off with an AR 9 Carbine. Only reason is you can by an entire AR 9 and it will go bang every time you pull the trigger, using parts from several different manufacturer's has not worked out well for me. Also going through FFL's to get frame parts and stuff not a picnic in his state.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing nice about an AR-9, they are much quieter indoors than 5.56, unless you go suppressed... Indoors could also be a truck cab or car interior if you are trying to bug out.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing nice about an AR-9, they are much quieter indoors than 5.56, unless you go suppressed... Indoors could also be a truck cab or car interior if you are trying to bug out.
I'd love a suppressor for mine, but it's just not in the budget for a while. The V is pretty quiet as is and I use a linear comp on it, since I mainly shoot indoors. Helps keep the muzzle blast down for your range neighbors.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's ask this guy how to get home.....
16775422705346171258562724776082_18213589657760924.gif

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A rifle will easily fit right on the ground before the cops even arrive and/or get out of their car.
True, but I meant more in the confusion of a self-defense engagement while you still had it in hand for good reason and the other good guy(s) don't know if you were the bad guy or not. I think that has happened in the real world, even with pistols.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built a 9mm for sg's ,I found mean arms mag adapter there you charge the follower of a Pmag to run 9mm without a mag block and finding colt smg mags or spending $200+ for a pistol mag lower

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got an AR-9. Yes fun to shoot a smaller frame person can use it. My 12 year old daughter shooting it and is not scared of it. Wife is not a fan of it. Is the round less likely to go through a wall NO. Will it go through 2 walls properly not just depends. Personal I have a pistol in the night stand. Ones someone is in the house with kids in the house. I’m going to make a close in- counter. I know my house better than they do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom