Why get an AR-9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of a 9mm carbine because;

9mm is reasonable priced, often cheaper than 22 wmr.

9mm is efficient, a small charge of powder goes a long ways.

A boolit mold and a pound of appropriate powder goes a long way reloading!

More power out of a carbine than a pistol.

You do not always need a 5.56 or 308 for barnyard pests, and the 9mm would be easier on the ears when you have to gun without hearing protection.

Personally I would like a bolt action mag fed 9mm carbine, so I dont have to chase brass. For me it would be a close quarters barn pest combat carbine (cqbpcc) lol

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this isn't an AR9, but since we are discussing PCCs, I thought I would show you my travel kit. It is easy to toss on the back seat floorboard and cover with a towel or coat. I take it every time I travel more than 30 min. or so from the house. It wouldn't be my first choice for a tactical weapon, but it is the one I will likely have with me when one is needed. This also gives my wife and I a weapon each if stuff happens and we are together. It's just an old computer laptop bag, but it works perfectly for what I need.

travel kit.jpg

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this isn't an AR9, but since we are discussing PCCs, I thought I would show you my travel kit. It is easy to toss on the back seat floorboard and cover with a towel or coat. I take it every time I travel more than 30 min. or so from the house. It wouldn't be my first choice for a tactical weapon, but it is the one I will likely have with me when one is needed. This also gives my wife and I a weapon each if stuff happens and we are together. It's just an old computer laptop bag, but it works perfectly for what I need.

View attachment 422060
the laptop bag idea is genius!

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best argument I have seen for the PCC:

1) Interchangeability of ammo and in some cases magazines
2) Greater distance achieved than a pistol
3) Better Accuracy and Faster Shots than with a pistol, especially under pressure
4) Perceived as a larger threat than a pistol (intimidating)

This was in a magazine article, the author said he qualified with a higher score using the carbine instead of a pistol. The author also claimed that most people do better in simulated defensive situations with an AR or AR carbine. Wish I could remember the article author and date...

I'd add...
Less (over)penetration
Quieter than a pistol or AR
Less concussion and flash
More capacity
Better range
Significantly cheaper practice ammo

And they are just great fun.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 422060
Nice. I've seen similar set ups in a tennis racket bag.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biggest issue with a carbine as a truck gun is the cops or another good guy might shoot you if you holding it as a result of engaging a bad guy. Pistol easier to put away if you had to.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biggest issue with a carbine as a truck gun is the cops or another good guy might shoot you if you holding it as a result of engaging a bad guy. Pistol easier to put away if you had to.

A rifle will easily fit right on the ground before the cops even arrive and/or get out of their car.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom