Which (if any) would you shoot? (and a side frustration...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which should I take?

• The itty bitty one, it's deliciously small

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The button buck. I love eating guys.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The buck's sister. I bet she's amazing in the skillet.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • None of them. Just be patient and wait for a MILE. (mom i'd like to eat.)

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ha.. Not in the middle of a 6+ million person city. At least not a huntable population. From what I hear they have been way over hunted in that part of the country so not any hunting I did would be illegal.. that doesn't really work well with the whole "being a missionary" bit/ :0

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't try to figure out which of the youngins' to shoot, just whack one and call it good. In my opinion, this iwhy at $10 per , corn is a wasteful option for me. Many deer were killed years before we as hunters were baiting. My wallet says no because of these critters (and turkeys).

As far as the buck. Nobody can answer that question but yourself. Kind of like a man choosing a date, beauty for one may not be beauty for another. Many on here would not consider that buck a shooter on any day of the week. Other would consider it a shooter with a compound bow and others with a recurve only. It is a shooter if you think it is and nobody can fault you for it. I know one thing, the day that I started passing on decent, nice young bucks (because I had others around me doing similar) was the day that my hunting changed for the better and I have trophy's (to me) that I am proud to display. If I shot a 120-130 deer right now with a firearm, I would be somewhat distraught inside knowing that I mistakenly went against my personal belief therefore turning a successful hunt into a negative experience to some degree.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the buck. Nobody can answer that question but yourself. Kind of like a man choosing a date, beauty for one may not be beauty for another. Many on here would not consider that buck a shooter on any day of the week. Other would consider it a shooter with a compound bow and others with a recurve only. It is a shooter if you think it is and nobody can fault you for it. I know one thing, the day that I started passing on decent, nice young bucks (because I had others around me doing similar) was the day that my hunting changed for the better and I have trophy's (to me) that I am proud to display. If I shot a 120-130 deer right now with a firearm, I would be somewhat distraught inside knowing that I mistakenly went against my personal belief therefore turning a successful hunt into a negative experience to some degree.

He's the biggest buck I've seen on any camera out there. If I knew I'd be hunting this place for years, and there was a good chance some neighbor wouldn't whack him at first chance, I'd give him about 2 more years. Since this is my last year probably and I've only ever killed one buck in my life that had one antler busted 4 inches up, I'll whack him with a rifle and a smile if that's what presents itself. I take him with a bow, he's probably getting full shoulder mount. Use a rifle, probably will drop dough for the european. Either way, I'll be proud to claim him as my own.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always tell newer hunters that a good rule of thumb to go by is try to shoot something each year bigger than you have shot before with that same weapon. Of course, one HUGE deer can end that theory, but for most it stands firm. Using that philosophy take that buck and be proud.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want, you can pass on that back, and next year while your gone I can hunt that land for you and decide if he is a shooter then. You just focus on those does, and I'll do the rest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom