Which Judge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That .410 death ray ammo is $1.10 a round.... jesus H

What ammo is this? I haven't had a good laugh all day.

Unless shooting at snakes, I don't really see the use of the "judge" pistol in any form. It's a freaking .410 shotgun. .410 doesn't get much respect as a shotgun cartridge so why should it become this super-duper zombie killing round just because somebody made a pistol for it????? These seem to prove the adage that their is a sucker born every minute. I guess people who think #8 birdshot is a great HD round would love it, but I don't pay much attention to the them anyway.

Reaction score
Taurus makes good guns generally - but they do have slightly more than their fair share of lemons. Don't listen to the Taurus haters - their revolvers are generally quite strong, well made & nice looking hunks of solid steel, and I'd take one any day over a cheapened 00s or 10s (or even a 90s) S&W with a lock, that's for sure. In other words, if it's not a lemon, you've got a fine revolver. Everyone puts out lemons, and Taurus's ratio is slightly higher than other makers it seems. But not nearly as high as you'd think listening to all the hating on the internet. [I can't really judge their auto pistols fully - not enough info for me to go on.]

In any event, I had a Judge, and it's not worth a squirt of warm urine *for the .410 shotguns aspects* (for all the reasons mentioned here in this thread) - and therefore not worth much of anything in handgun form (except for maybe strictly a dedicated snake defense gun, but even then it's heavy and big for that use....), being unduly long for a .45 colt revolver - a dealbreaker in a HANDgun - which needs to be as small as you can make it to serve its purpose.

However, if the rifled version of the carbine has deeper rifling than the handgun, *and* if it's accurate, then it will be quite interesting as a .45 colt carbine only, if but only if they bring it out in 16". The fact that it will chamber .410 is superfluous and unnecessary, but it doesn't hurt anything other than adding a half inch of unnecessary length to the carbine, provided the freebore / bullet jump doesn't hurt accuracy (which it DOES seem to in the handgun, but I cannot tell if this is mostly due to bullet jump, or mostly due to the very shallow rifling, or equal parts half and half). I'm guessing (and hoping) that since there's two versions of the carbine, the rifling in the rifled version will be normal, not the shallow kind which is put in the handgun SOLELY to make it (just barely) comply with federal law - not be an SBS.

Currently, they purport to offer two 18" versions - a smoothbore and a rifled. Almost there, but not quite. Aesthetically, the carbine is pleasing, and it'd be a good girlfriend /noob home defense rifle, in addition to a fun gun and woods hunter, if you ask me....again, provided they take off the unnecessary last 2" of bbl length.

.410 birdshot to the face or neck is nothing to sneeze at

LMBO - New sig line! :laughup:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
/noob home defense rifle

That's it! It's a mini noob-tube!

What ammo is this? I haven't had a good laugh all day.

Unless shooting at snakes, I don't really see the use of the "judge" pistol in any form. It's a freaking .410 shotgun. .410 doesn't get much respect as a shotgun cartridge so why should it become this super-duper zombie killing round just because somebody made a pistol for it????? These seem to prove the adage that their is a sucker born every minute. I guess people who think #8 birdshot is a great HD round would love it, but I don't pay much attention to the them anyway.

Hope you're sitting down:
http://www.winchester.com/Products/New-Products/Pages/pdx1-410.aspx

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those winchester rounds look pretty potent. For the naysayers, maybe somebody should do a test by shooting 1/2" plywood at 20 feet. I'd bet they make a pretty good hole. As far as the Judge, i wouldnt want one. I'd prefer a 38 special with a 2" barrel. Load the first two rounds with birdshot and the rest with plus p jacketed hollow points. When attacked shoot the bad guy in the face with the first two, he'll stop because he has birdshot in his eyeballs. If he's still a threat you have 3 or 4 rounds capable of stopping any human threat. This is a light easy to handle gun that in my opinion would do the same thing as the judge.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing like the world class man killer .410 to stop a guy in his tracks....

Oh wait you said .410...Never mind.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Warm sqirt of urine, thanks for the giggle. I too have shot the judge and at first was impressed somewhat with the 410 shot spread for pest control. Then moved up to slugs and then 45s. Although the slugs and 45 had good penatration, keeping them on target at 30 feet was difficult for me. The Judge seem to be an answer in search of a question. A 45 Vaquero would seem a much more practical and dammed sure more accurate. Still people like the mystic of having a shotgun handgun. My father has one

Latest posts

Top Bottom