Which of Your Handguns Do You Shoot Best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a Colt Lightweight Commander in 45 ACP, A Gen 4 G19, a G43, a S&W M&P .22 Compact, and my GSG 1911-22 to the range today. The two .22 pistols are just "fun guns"; but I carry the first three pistols listed; the G43 the most often since I got it last spring with the Colt and the G19 getting about equal time on the old hip. I did not take a revolver along today...I do sometimes carry my Airweight 642, but she stayed home to guard the inside of the safe today. Anyway, after pew-pewing with the two .22's for awhile, I shot the same string with each of the three carry guns; I was most accurate and faster on target with the G19, the G43 was a close second, and the Colt dragged up the rear with a bit less accuracy and speed for me. I kinda just got back into 1911's after being pretty much a Glock guy for the last 20 years or so...but I dunno, the G19 is just a darn sweet shooting pistol for me. Mine has a (-) connector and a .25 trigger job, but other than a fiber optic front sight, and an extended slide lock lever, she's stock. the G43 is set up pretty much the same way. The Colt, of course, has an awesome SA trigger and it is great for slow fire when I bear down on the front sight and concentrate. But man, I can just put more lead in a small area quickly with the Glocks than I can the 1911. What about you folks? I know many of you dont own any guns any more, with all the boating accidents and such, but for those of you who do carry and shoot more than one, what kinda results are you seeing?

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have large hands and the fit is pretty nice. I have though about putting a cgw trigger system on it that lightens the lbs significantly. Even though I don't have small hands the size of my palm makes it hard to have a comfortable hold on some 1911's and had to find one that either fit well or could change the panels on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom