Which pistol for the mrs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For size comparison, don't have my p938 here.
View attachment 51150View attachment 51152

I can help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444880468.295476.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Sig is nice. My wife has a Shield in 9mm, she likes it. She really likes her Taurus 709 Slim more than any other gun she's fired. lol. Now if I could just remember to send it off for repair...

<Edit> Oh yeah, the Kel-Tec - horrible trigger. Horrible HORRIBLE trigger. Very fatiguing for practice. I'd look elsewhere. I bought one just because it was cheap at the time, and it's... well, something to have. lol

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Sig is nice. My wife has a Shield in 9mm, she likes it. She really likes her Taurus 709 Slim more than any other gun she's fired. lol. Now if I could just remember to send it off for repair...

<Edit> Oh yeah, the Kel-Tec - horrible trigger. Horrible HORRIBLE trigger. Very fatiguing for practice. I'd look elsewhere. I bought one just because it was cheap at the time, and it's... well, something to have. lol

Kel Tec makes some interesting guns but never really that impressed by them either.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
4th generation G19. Everybody seems to think a sub compact suits a new or smaller shooter when the full size gun is going to be easier to shoot and manage recoil. The 4th gen glock with backstraps removed is pretty friendly to smaller shooters.
I'm guessing that if she already does not care for the G26, then the G19, regardless of gen, is not going to fill her needs either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A pistol she can rack the slide on is a key factor. There is more than one way to do so, but if she can't manage to rack the slide on an auto, then it's time to look at the revolver. Above all, she must be comfortable with her choice. This includes understanding the basic function of the weapon and the ability to manage its recoil. All other things being equal, a bigger gun is easier to shoot well. Good luck in your search!

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I WOULD recommend the Walther CCP, since I'm absolutely in love with the design (it's a gas-delayed blowback instead of locked breech). However, as mighty mentioned, this same fact makes the pistol a bit harder to rack the slide on.

You can't go wrong with a SW Shield or LC9 (although that external safety sucks on the LC9)

Latest posts

Top Bottom