Which political party do you belont?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which political party do you belong?

• Republican

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Democrat

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Independant

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • None-ya....None-ya business :-)

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the decent choices? The poll is dominated by the two worst parties going - why?

Where's the Constitution Party, Reform Party, Libertarian Party, and Green Party?

Well, in Oklahoma, if you try and register as any of those party affiliations, the card is unfortunately returned marked Independent. Every year or so, I resubmit for a new card as Libertarian, and it comes back Ind... it just makes me feel better giving it a try.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, in Oklahoma, if you try and register as any of those party affiliations, the card is unfortunately returned marked Independent. Every year or so, I resubmit for a new card as Libertarian, and it comes back Ind... it just makes me feel better giving it a try.

Which more or less proves that the two party system is a racket. Both the D & R's can't abide any threat to their power or their control of the politics of this state. I find this immoral and wrong. Those who support it are bottom dwellers.

TunnelRat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed
of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in
politics, or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for
myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and
moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I
would not go there at all." --Thomas Jefferson to Francis
Hopkinson, 1789.

I would say Libertarian... but I generally vote Republican and side with the Republican party rather reluctantly. Both primary parties in the United States in all reality are responsible for major infringements on our Liberty. I mean seriously, who was the last President to truly grasp the concept of "individual liberty" or "limited government".

GolfWhiskey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which more or less proves that the two party system is a racket. Both the D & R's can't abide any threat to their power or their control of the politics of this state. I find this immoral and wrong. Those who support it are bottom dwellers.

I have to disagree with you. In countries like England and Israel, they have a multitude of political parties and generally face the same political problems we do here. In fact it is possible to argue that having more parties makes it possible for parties with an even smaller base to enact more comprehensive policies since only a plurality is needed, not a majority.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you. In countries like England and Israel, they have a multitude of political parties and generally face the same political problems we do here. In fact it is possible to argue that having more parties makes it possible for parties with an even smaller base to enact more comprehensive policies since only a plurality is needed, not a majority.

When free people are left nothing but two choices then that is not a choice. Too many people are voting "lesser of two evil" because the choices are limited to Statist and Statist Lite.

But then too many Americans have bought into the entire "Vote for anyone but the lesser of two evils and you've wasted your vote" mantra as well. Sorry, but when an American votes his conscience and principles... the vote in never wasted... even if their candidate doesn't win in the end.

The more confusion the less "work" or "people's business" crap gets done. And the freer we remain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom