Which Savage Bolt Action .22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightningkylej

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a Savage Mark II BVXP from Cabellas in Kansas City for $299 that came with a cheap and adequate Bushnell 3x-9x scope. It came with blued heavy barrel and a laminate salt/pepper full floating stock. I believe it is a Cabella's exclusive and available in 22lr and 17hmr. Got to shoot it this week a little and it loved Remington Sub's, shooting a 10 shot group that resulted in a large hole of 9 shots and then a single hole about an 1/8" to the right at 50 yards. Then I shot a sub-2" group at 100 yards with Federal Automatch bulk pack ammo but didn't have any more sub sonic rounds to shoot when I was at the 100 yard range.
I hope to have a higher powered scope and a few more types of ammo in the next couple of weeks to do a little more 22lr precision shooting.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's wrong, Luke. Is your shoulder sore? :)

Nah...lol. Just looking for a quiet rifle that me and the wife can plink with away from the range. I used to be able to shoot out at my parents property east of town, but the neighbors apparently didn't like my rifles much. Unfortunately, neither did the cops that showed up one day in full swat gear, but that's a story for another day... :nono2:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...I received an email from Sooner State Pawn on Thursday that the FV-SR had arrived and I ended up picking it up today. They ordered two so there is an extra one sitting on the shelf in their shop if anyone is interested in picking it up. I was seriously impressed with the entire transaction with SSP to say the least. Tommy at SSP was a GREAT guy to deal with and highly recommended in my book. I'll post pics as soon as I break the rifle out of it's box. Just gotta find a nice scope with .22 BDC turrets and a good 6-9" bipod now. :rubhands:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...I received an email from Sooner State Pawn on Thursday that the FV-SR had arrived and I ended up picking it up today. They ordered two so there is an extra one sitting on the shelf in their shop if anyone is interested in picking it up. I was seriously impressed with the entire transaction with SSP to say the least. Tommy at SSP was a GREAT guy to deal with and highly recommended in my book. I'll post pics as soon as I break the rifle out of it's box. Just gotta find a nice scope with .22 BDC turrets and a good 6-9" bipod now. :rubhands:

Does your new one have a fluted barrel? The Savage website shows a fluted barrel, but all the ones I've seen have been non-fluted.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it is fluted and threaded. It is also quite a bit shorter than the regular heavy barrel....only 16.5". The entire rifle is lighter and better balanced because of it. The FV-SR is built like a tank too (for a .22). It makes the regular F version feel like a kids toy. The stock is the only downside and it's not even that bad...just a little light weight.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are few pics...

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_SavageFV_SR003edited.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_SavageFV_SR010edited.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_SavageFV_SR011edited.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_SavageFV_SR004edited.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_SavageFV_SR005edited.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom