Which Savage Bolt Action .22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it is fluted and threaded. It is also quite a bit shorter than the regular heavy barrel....only 16.5". The entire rifle is lighter and better balanced because of it. The FV-SR is built like a tank too (for a .22). It makes the regular F version feel like a kids toy. The stock is the only downside and it's not even that bad...just a little light weight.

Thanks! I was beginning to think the threaded barrel and one piece rail were vaporware. I've seen the same rifle listed as the FV-SR, but with a non-fluted barrel and two piece mounts.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! I was beginning to think the threaded barrel and one piece rail were vaporware. I've seen the same rifle listed as the FV-SR, but with a non-fluted barrel and two piece mounts.

No problem...a huge thanks for the heads up on the rifle in the first place. I would have been kicking myself if I would have bought one from Wally World and missed out on this model for just a few dollars more.

Thanks guys for the info on the Boyd's stock. It will be the next mod after the scope and bipod for sure.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem...a huge thanks for the heads up on the rifle in the first place. I would have been kicking myself if I would have bought one from Wally World and missed out on this model for just a few dollars more.

Thanks guys for the info on the Boyd's stock. It will be the next mod after the scope and bipod for sure.

Glad we could help make you happy! Funny thing is, I just received the scope I'm going to put on it and I don't even have the rifle yet! Went with the Burris 4.5-14X32AO Timberline with ballistic plex reticle from Optics Planet. With their 4th of July sale, I got it for $199 delivered. It's only 11.5" long and 15oz, so it looks like it will be a really nice fit to the small receiver on the Savage! :)

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-timberline-4-5-14x32mm-ballistic-plex-riflescope-201344.html

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dang, Luke. I read this thread, decided to go look at the rifle they had left at sooner state, and now it is sitting in my back seat waiting for me to get off work. Once I put my hands on it, that was all she wrote.

It's official, I'm an impulse buyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom