Which Sights for your CCW do you prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sights do you have?

• Factory/stock sights

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Night sights

Votes: 88 64.2%
  • Laser

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious as to what everyone has on their CCW (and why, if you don't mind sharing). I have nightsights on mine. I believe BB has the stock sights on her Glock and target sights on her Colt.

I have night sights on all of my defensive pistols. Most of them also have Crimson Trace laser sights. My wife has eye problems and has problems focusing on the sights so she almost requires the laser on any weapon she shoots. She even has a laser on her Ruger MK III hunter that she target shoots with. I think a laser does have it place, especially if you need to shoot from a position where it is hard to use the sights without exposing yourself too much. I don't believe in depending on the laser, but in my wife's case I would rather have her depend on the laser than nothing. BTW she is a dead shot with her Wilson Professional .45.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A night sight on the front blade and a solid black rear V or U standard sight.
When your in a hurry to shoot, you really don't have time to line up 3 dots. Just using front sight is easier and quicker.

TurboSixPiston

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you suggest is possible with any front-rear sight combination. Just because you have a dot in the front and two in the rear does not mean you have to line them up every single time you fire the gun. It may seem simpler, but in effect it's exactly the same.

One could even keep night sights and get different color front and rears, like the Trijicons I bought which have a green dot front and a yellow dot Novak rear.

I will say that with a gun on the nightstand at night, it is far easier to see the big rear sight glowing in the dark than the front, especially considering I have poor vision without my contacts in. If I crack my eye open just a little bit, I know exactly where that gun is, no feeling around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom