Which Sights for your CCW do you prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sights do you have?

• Factory/stock sights

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Night sights

Votes: 88 64.2%
  • Laser

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally... if you can see your target there should be enough ambient light to see your sights. Dot's on the front tend to make many shooters hit high.... you focus the middle of the blade instead of the top edge... but probably not enough to matter at 7 to 10 yards.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this from my personal experience shooting in the dark not too long back. There was enough light that I could see the outlines of the targets, but I couldn't see my red/green fiberoptic sights. I literally sprayed and prayed, hoping to hit enough of the targets for a decent score. That one stage pretty well sold me on the value of night sights.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with this from my personal experience shooting in the dark not too long back. There was enough light that I could see the outlines of the targets, but I couldn't see my red/green fiberoptic sights. I literally sprayed and prayed, hoping to hit enough of the targets for a decent score. That one stage pretty well sold me on the value of night sights.

I appreciate what you are saying. I was speaking in reference to shooting on the street or in most buildings. For competitive shooting I can see were fiber optic or glow in the dark sights are a plus... and I am not adverse to them on a street/carry gun...

Old fossil here...still carry the el Grande Maglight... lights up the alley like the face of the sun and makes a handy club to boot.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Night sights, unless you're only out and about during the day. Working night shift, I'm rarely even awake when the suns out, and there's a huge difference between night sights and factory sights when the sun's down.

I prefer Trijicon, but I have a set of Meps and they are great too.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have stock factory sights on my G27 and like it that way. The Kimber in my avitar came with CTL grips and I added Trigicons in case batteries went dead at that "crucial" moment. The factory sights were just plain black, no dots. Too hard to see in dim light.

TurboSixPiston

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've the same Kimber Zoo, same sights too, though I bought them for different reasons.

I don't want to rely on the grips for aiming when I am able to get my arms at full extension allowing me to have a nice sight picture. I keep the laser off when I'm at the range. I thought about selling the grips and going traditional, but I thought they would offer a significant advantage if I am ever grappling and trying to maintain muzzle control of the gun. The laser could potentially allow me to see where the gun is pointing without looking at it, provided the bad guy's hands are not blocking it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom