Which Sights for your CCW do you prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sights do you have?

• Factory/stock sights

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Night sights

Votes: 88 64.2%
  • Laser

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I'm liking the Trijicon HD's. I used to use the warren tactical sights but I have found that I like the sight picture of the HD's better. Plus those warrens were damn sharp and I carry AWIB so they were not comfortable for all day carry!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi GC and Bunny!!! How ya been?

I voted for stock. On my EDC's--usually a S&W 65 or 681--I feel that the fixed, milled sights are more rugged, hence, more durable.

I have never tried night sights.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I both use revolvers ( .357 and 38 Spec +P) for CCW. Both revolvers are equipped with Crimson Trace laser grips. We think that most BG will haul a$$ if he is painted with a laser... If not, "bang! bang".
At home, we have 45ACP in the nightstand. We are planning to install a remotely operated flood light aimed down the hallway to blind intruders in the event of a night invasion. Can you say "target acquisition"?

LL

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Ill bite. My pocket Sig has night sites for times I can use them and a surprisingly good push button laser. My method of general aim works with other firearms also. I practice with pointing with my first joint of my trigger finger and turning the laser on at a potential target to see how close I am. I do that in the house regularly.

I feel most SD situations will be better handled with my "joint point" method. Not using an extended double forearm 45 angle stance looking at a well lit target through a whiz o duplex green iridium night sight irradiated with a red laser point with yellow background cross hairs and a rechargeable battery back up internet connection.

I think about a threat at 10 ft that is only lit enough to ensure I have a real target threat, point the first joint of my finger from any angle, elevation, or attitude from the intended target and pull the trigger (or engage the laser if practicing). Repeat as many times as necessary until target is really low and slow, then switch over to sights for a good head shot.

Can you hit a barn door down the hall at 30 ft while laying on your side in bed while half asleep? I can take out the latch most times. If you have never thought about it, give it a try, even dry firing.

Pistol, rifle, or shotgun. If the first joint of your trigger finger in a natural grip is not in line with your sights, give a second thought as to whether that particular firearm fits you or not. (excluding sidewinders, would be my first choice of firearm for anything over 300 yards), the Chevrolet fit of Colt, Remington, Browning, Sig, Rugar, Beretta, and some others that I have fired, fit me well. Chrysler and Ford people have ones that fit them well also. I can drive or shoot a "ford" but not well. That's why they make so many brands, for the different fits of different fingers after they are extend from your grip.

Think about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom