Which Sights for your CCW do you prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sights do you have?

• Factory/stock sights

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Night sights

Votes: 88 64.2%
  • Laser

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters

Hoss

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have night sites on one gun and crimson trace grips on a different gun. I have to say that I prefer the night sites. The laser grips almost seem distracting to me and it forces you to hold the gun differently than your normal shooting stance looking down the sites.

But I have only shot about 200 rounds with the crimson trace grips. So I may need to shoot with the laser grips a little more to get use to them.

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trijicon Night sights on the G26 and XDM40. Love em! And neon orange nail polish front sight on S&W 642 and LCP. Wish I could put Trijicons on them too, but the orange sure makes em stand out better than stock.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Factory night sights on my Sig, but looking at adding Heinies to my Glock, Kahr and FNP.

I also want to add crimson trace grips. I LOVE those things!

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you suggest is possible with any front-rear sight combination. Just because you have a dot in the front and two in the rear does not mean you have to line them up every single time you fire the gun. It may seem simpler, but in effect it's exactly the same.

One could even keep night sights and get different color front and rears, like the Trijicons I bought which have a green dot front and a yellow dot Novak rear.

I will say that with a gun on the nightstand at night, it is far easier to see the big rear sight glowing in the dark than the front, especially considering I have poor vision without my contacts in. If I crack my eye open just a little bit, I know exactly where that gun is, no feeling around.

In reguards to the dot on front blade only setup.
This was the setup suggested to me from Mike (Olyeller) on a gun he finished for me that I wanted to use for concealed carry. I liked the easy quick shooting by just using the front sight. I have a different gun with a full set of night sights I keep by my bed. Just wanted to throw that out there.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have night sights on the one I carry most. I want to be able to find the sights whether daylight or darkness. I've also read that most incidents happen after dusk.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned a Beretta 96 with trigicons for a while. They were ok.

Most of my guns are equiped with factory sights. A little 'whiteout' on the front sight of a blued gun helps a lot..

My Carry revolvers are fixed sight SW... a little black enamel on the front and in the rear sight groove makes the sights stand out and cuts the stainless steel glare.

Generally... if you can see your target there should be enough ambient light to see your sights. Dot's on the front tend to make many shooters hit high.... you focus the middle of the blade instead of the top edge... but probably not enough to matter at 7 to 10 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom