Why do people like Cabela's and Bass Pro so much? They seem overpriced?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant stand Bass Pro but do go to Cabelas on occasion. Went on Saturday. You have to know the price on stuff and cant just blindly buy it. I usually just buy powder and primers there because the LGS around my area are all over the place on their prices. I order almost everything I buy but dont want to have to pay hazmat charges on those two items.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its relaxing to me. Sometimes I just walk around the store (either one) for 45 minutes, relive memories, think of camping trips with my family, backpacking trips with my best friend, and shooting with the kids when they come out from California... tis a happy place for me

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've dry fired at both Bass Pro and Cabelas. Prices are a bit high but Gander Mountain seems to beat them both in Guns and ammo prices. As far as selling, It seems they stay pretty busy with the background checks. I think they do pretty good because of the selection they have. I buy mostly local and a few on line sent to my local FFL (so they make about what they would have on the sale anyway) but give the local the first try.
I'm glad the big stores are still in the gun business. I think some will buckle just like Walmart and Academy and eventually sell only shotguns.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do buy powder and primers there but thats about it. Not bad prices on those and I dont have to pay the hazmat for shipping. The only Gander Mountain I have ever been in was in Sherman and it was terrible.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do buy powder and primers there but thats about it. Not bad prices on those and I dont have to pay the hazmat for shipping. The only Gander Mountain I have ever been in was in Sherman and it was terrible.
That's the gander that I have got GREAT 9mm bulk ammo deals. Always have a sale. I doubt they can be beat when they have UMC on sale.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I would make the commitment to start reloading but would have to commit to making the space available in my work shed that would have to include heating/cooling etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom