Why do you shoot what you shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter202

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just me or am I the only one that doesn’t care for Glock. Now I know that Glock's have their place, they are supposed to be operable in mud, water, and sand, or something like that, but I think that most people don’t have to worry about crawling around in the dirt with our weapon every day. I hope my intentions are not misinterpreted, I'm not trying to hate on Glock’s or what they have done for the safe action pistol market, I’m just trying to understand what all the hype is about. Is it just the Hollywood persona of looking like a bad a with a Glock, or do they really hold up to their stage name? Let me know what you guy's think? Why do you chose to shoot the pistol that you do?

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been at least a dozen threads just like this started and they are all the same. I don't care for hi-points or Taurus semi autos, but you don't see me staring threads about them. Mainly because it's just an opinion and the thread would contribute absolutly nothing to the website or offer any valid point that anyone would care to respond to. Also their is already a dozen or so threads about both of them that if I took a couple seconds in the search bar I could find them and just post there. I would suggest just find a pistola you do like and move on with life. If this thread actually made any kind of point I wouldn't care but i get tired of seeing the same threads started every week, by sunday someone will start a "i don't care for 1911's" thread

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been at least a dozen threads just like this started and they are all the same. I don't care for hi-points or Taurus semi autos, but you don't see me staring threads about them. Mainly because it's just an opinion and the thread would contribute absolutly nothing to the website or offer any valid point that anyone would care to respond to. Also their is already a dozen or so threads about both of them that if I took a couple seconds in the search bar I could find them and just post there. I would suggest just find a pistola you do like and move on with life. If this thread actually made any kind of point I wouldn't care but i get tired of seeing the same threads started every week, by sunday someone will start a "i don't care for 1911's" thread

Wow ... January, huh?? Dude, you need to have a drink then ... :rotflmao:

As for the OP ... well no, it's not just you but like others will come along and point out ... it is just a matter of time ... You don't care because you don't understand. But it's all okay ... we have all the time in the world. Glocks are great guns, but not the beauty queens of the gun world, that is for sure. I will be the first to admit that if I want to get someone's attention I drag out the Colt ...:rotflmao:

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly never used to care for them, but I found just about everything I wanted with a handgun with the Glock 29. There's always hype about this or that brand, its all in just finding what you like. I think as far as the crazy testing with sand, mud, ice, lava, meteor impacts, etc., it seems like good peace of mind knowing that, while you more than likely don't need to worry about it, the reliability is there.

shooter202

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My whole point was not to complain about Glock it was to discuss why everyone is so infatuated with them. I have no particular problem with any gun manufacture. I just simply want to figure out if there were some Glock shooters out there that could prove that it is not all hype and that there is more there than just a name. Besides what’s wrong with a little healthy debate anyways. I thought that was what this web site was for, information.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My whole point was not to complain about Glock it was to discuss why everyone is so infatuated with them. I have no particular problem with any gun manufacture. I just simply want to figure out if there were some Glock shooters out there that could prove that it is not all hype and that there is more there than just a name. Besides what’s wrong with a little healthy debate anyways. I thought that was what this web site was for, information.

You mean like Dave Sevigny or Bob Vogel or Randi Rogers? Or like the hundreds of thousands of police officers who trust their lives to them? Or the dominant number of action pistol competitors who win with them all over the world?

I've got a couple dozen trophies on my wall from state, regional and national competitions that prove to me they're not just hype over a name. What type of proof on the interwebz would you like to see that they're all that?

My suggestion would be for you to buy a basic Glock, say a 17. Buy 1000-1500 rounds of cheap target ammo and enroll in a class with TDSA or USSA. After you've been trained in how to correctly operate a handgun at high speed while using a Glock, report back here with your findings.

Until you've been shown first hand just how good they can be, you'll probably never believe any of us who already know. :ugh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom