Why do you shoot what you shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean like Dave Sevigny or Bob Vogel or Randi Rogers? Or like the hundreds of thousands of police officers who trust their lives to them? Or the dominant number of action pistol competitors who win with them all over the world?

I've got a couple dozen trophies on my wall from state, regional and national competitions that prove to me they're not just hype over a name. What type of proof on the interwebz would you like to see that they're all that?

My suggestion would be for you to buy a basic Glock, say a 17. Buy 1000-1500 rounds of cheap target ammo and enroll in a class with TDSA or USSA. After you've been trained in how to correctly operate a handgun at high speed while using a Glock, report back here with your findings.

Until you've been shown first hand just how good they can be, you'll probably never believe any of us who already know. :ugh2:

This.

I'll admit, 5 years ago there were two guns I said I would never own... Glocks and AR style rifles. My reasons back then, I thought they were overhyped and people wanted them for the cool action film factor... Today,... EDC = Glocks and I have 4 ARs.

shooter202

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wandered has anyone ever tried putting there 1911 or other pistol though the "crazy testing with sand, mud, ice, lava, meteor impacts, etc.," because I dont think I have heard of anyone and I'm sure not going to do it with mine. What about during WWII when 1911 were used as service pistols were there ever reports of them not working from the sand or mud?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wandered has anyone ever tried putting there 1911 or other pistol though the "crazy testing with sand, mud, ice, lava, meteor impacts, etc.," because I dont think I have heard of anyone and I'm sure not going to do it with mine. What about during WWII when 1911 were used as service pistols were there ever reports of them not working from the sand or mud?

World of difference in a WWII 1911 and today's 1911. Looser for one making them more tolerant of environment, but also making them much less accurate.

If you are trying to create yet another 1911 vs Glock thread,... you will fail. The usual suspects will chime in with pros and cons and eventually people will grow tired of arguing and simply leave your thread to die away in the deep recesses of OSA history.

DrJeff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to hate on Glock’s or what they have done for the safe action pistol market, I’m just trying to understand what all the hype is about. Is it just the Hollywood persona of looking like a bad a with a Glock, or do they really hold up to their stage name? Let me know what you guy's think?
I'm a 1911 fan and besides my Sig Sauer, that ia all I shoot. With Glocks, they work and are highly reliable, especially as self-defense weapons. They have earned there hype without a doubt. In addition, the price is right when compared to other higher priced options like Sigs or H&K. In sum, they are super reliable, accurate, and accessible to the average shooter. :mosh:

shooter202

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see your point Glocktogo, but on the other side there are plenty of police forces,spec ops teams, and compitition shooters that use the 1911, Barretta, or other platforms that do well with them also. Have you trained with any other types of pistols besides Glock? And if so what made you like the Glock better?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Competition you are going to see more glocks and 1911 style pistols than anything... I still dont see the point of the thread. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom