Why do you shoot what you shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfranco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 19 RTF on and off duty everyday. Light weight and always goes bang no matter what I feed it. I also have a Glock 26, but usually only carry it when it's hot outside because it's easier to conceal with just a tshirt.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...First off, I am excluding Beretta....

Why? (Not trying to argue, just wondering)

I shoot a Beretta 92 because that's what I have. I was in the Army and the first pistol I ever shot was the M9, and I liked it. When I bought my first personal handgun, I bought a Beretta because I had shot one before and like the way it felt. Currently, I only have one semi-auto handgun - my Beretta 92G Elite II - that I carry at times and compete with (for fun/experience - I am not currently classified in anything) when I get a chance.

For the times I can't/don't want to conceal the big ol' Beretta, I have a S&W 642. I have been looking for a compact or subcompact semi-auto to sort of fill the gap between these two - I have shot an xd sc, G26, and Beretta PX4 sc so far, and still want to try a M&P 9C and maybe a Kahr. So far, I prefer the feel of the Beretta to the two striker-fired pistols, and was more accurate. I liked the Glock better than the XD. I'm sure with practice I could be just as good or better with a striker-fired pistol, but I have just been shooting (and practicing) with a DA/SA trigger or DAO revolver for so long.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an KelTec P32, an S&W 442, a Kahr CW9, a Glock 23, and 3 Kimber 1911's in 3", 4", and 5". I love them all. I shoot the 1911's for fun, but the Glock is by my bed each night.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? (Not trying to argue, just wondering)

I shoot a Beretta 92 because that's what I have. I was in the Army and the first pistol I ever shot was the M9, and I liked it. When I bought my first personal handgun, I bought a Beretta because I had shot one before and like the way it felt. Currently, I only have one semi-auto handgun - my Beretta 92G Elite II - that I carry at times and compete with (for fun/experience - I am not currently classified in anything) when I get a chance.

For the times I can't/don't want to conceal the big ol' Beretta, I have a S&W 642. I have been looking for a compact or subcompact semi-auto to sort of fill the gap between these two - I have shot an xd sc, G26, and Beretta PX4 sc so far, and still want to try a M&P 9C and maybe a Kahr. So far, I prefer the feel of the Beretta to the two striker-fired pistols, and was more accurate. I liked the Glock better than the XD. I'm sure with practice I could be just as good or better with a striker-fired pistol, but I have just been shooting (and practicing) with a DA/SA trigger or DAO revolver for so long.

No experience, cannot judge a gun I dont shoot.

Glocks go boom every time.

[Broken External Image]

Just for Whitey. :D

I knew it!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I post that as I clean the 2nd gen G23 I bought earlier this week for dirt cheap. Probably never saw a cleaning or a drop of oil. Wonder if it works. :D

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a glock because the ergonomics fit me. I can draw it out of my IWB holster and have my sights aligned on target with no hunting of the front sight. It points perfectly. The weight is perfect, and I'm one of the few weirdos who actually finds the Gen 3 glocks with the finger grooves to be very comfortable.

I used to struggle with the grip angle, but that was when I stood straight up and fired the gun in a very upright "casual" stance. Once I learned the proper shooting stances and learned to lean in to the shot, the grip angle is now perfect and on point. I now struggle with guns with less steep grip angles and find that I if I quickly draw from a holster, I cannot see the front sight and the nozzle of the gun is pointed downwards more, since I'm expecting a Glock grip angle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom