Why the hell do dorms have fire drills? (Angry rant ahead)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you Boot. Unfortunately the fire drills are not a conspiracy to make your life a living hell but to practice something without all of the stressers of a real event. Same as a shooting scenario.

And please don't use the "r" word, it doesn't help get your point across.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're ever had to see bodies burned up in a fire or try and resuscitate someone who had smoke inhalation, you'd know the answer to your question. Been there and done that. The drills are for YOUR protection. It's training. You do what you're trained to do in an emergency situation. I can guarantee you that untrained people panic in emergencies. Do a little research on some of the fires in public places. People were either found lying on top of one another in front of exit doors or injured while being trampled.

To answer your question about the parking places, it's required by the disabilities act.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're ever had to see bodies burned up in a fire or try and resuscitate someone who had smoke inhalation, you'd know the answer to your question. Been there and done that. The drills are for YOUR protection. It's training. You do what you're trained to do in an emergency situation. I can guarantee you that untrained people panic in emergencies. Do a little research on some of the fires in public places. People were either found lying on top of one another in front of exit doors or injured while being trampled.
To answer your question about the parking places, it's required by the disabilities act.

I know that.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah.

Felt like ranting earlier. A bit silly all in all.

Hey, at least in Cate you get your (community) bathroom cleaned for you :D

I am honestly surprised you leave during fire drills. I never bothered (if I knew it was a drill).

It was my favorite residence at OU honestly, over Adams and university apartments. Super close to the south oval. Dale Hall is 30 seconds away. I hear you on the parking though, it's about the farthest building from any parking lot. And I never got any of the front parking spaces when I lived there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom