Why we gotta have this forum-on-forum hate?: Thread about okshooters on opencarry.org

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...There has been name calling and berating. A much higher percentage than what veggiemeat (post #53) would lead you to believe. Of course you can get statistics to say about anything you want.

The problem with Veggie's stats is that the data available to him - based on its nature - is highly subjective and not objective.

I have no doubt that Veggie defined his selection criteria and made a good faith effort to quantify the results. That said what he considerd as negative indicators and what we consider negative is undoubtedly different.

For example: I would consider all those posts that use the, "I don't care if you OC or not - I prefer CC though", argument without additional elaboration to be negative. I doubt if Veggie did. But if he did then that 1% would be considerably higher. Why would I consider that negative - because those folks don't say why they prefer CC over OC. Why don't they explain further? In addition - forums being based on the written word and all - that short contrite statement with no follow on elaboration comes across to me as both condescending and dismissive. It's as if the writer considers his opinion to be superior to all others and is so self evidently correct that it needs no elaboration. Am I being overly sensitive. Possibly. Thus the subjectivity.

In short the human mind does not lend itself well to quantifiable measurement thus any statistics generated on subjective data without knowing the selection criteria are questionable.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how one could reasonably consider "you do your thing, I'll do mine" when it comes to OC/CC to be a negative. That statement is, at worst, neutral, unless you follow that whole "if you're not with us, you're agin' us" mentality.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how one could reasonably consider "you do your thing, I'll do mine" when it comes to OC/CC to be a negative. That statement is, at worst, neutral, unless you follow that whole "if you're not with us, you're agin' us" mentality.

This.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sheesh! Everybody on both sites gets what they want; concealed carry and open carry. And, now they badmouth each other over which way is best. The rest of the people out there are just waiting impatiently to take both away from us.

Everything in life is an experience; sometimes we just forget to learn from it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is how:
Werewolf said:
forums being based on the written word and all - that short contrite statement with no follow on elaboration comes across to me as both condescending and dismissive. It's as if the writer considers his opinion to be superior to all others and is so self evidently correct that it needs no elaboration. Am I being overly sensitive. Possibly. Thus the subjectivity.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me the OC crowd seems overly sensitive. By my experiences, it seems a lot of guys that OC don't really set themselves up for defense, rather it's mostly for show. Sorry, if that chaps some hides but that's the mentality I've come across. However, that's not so much of a stab at OC'ing, as it is the preparations of the individual or lack thereof. I've yet to see one of these guys talk about taking any formal training or employing a halfway decent holster. Out in thousands of acres of land this won't mean much IMO, however forgive me if I stay clear of the individual sporting a drop-leg or fobus at Walmart.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sample size of 21 posters in a single thread vs sample size of 1,374/1,982 posters?
My first sample of 1,374 with a 95% confidence level yields a margin of error of 0.38%. My second 90 day sample with a 95% confidence level yields a margin of error of 0.32%

So, which polling company do I need to avoid hiring?

This is why I never argue with Veggie Meat.

:scratch: I swear ... One would think some of you guys weren't breastfed long enough ... :rolleyes2

BB, now you owe me a new keyboard and monitor. And a new cup of coffee.

I honestly don't understand why this is such a problem. We have the right to OC. That's what so many wanted - we should be happy. I have my reasons for continuing to CC - which is primarily because I don't want the bad guys to know who to shoot if something bad goes down - but I don't expect everyone to think the same why I do, so I certainly don't expect everyone to make the same decisions I do. Why do you expect me to make the same decisions you do?

Latest posts

Top Bottom