Winchester 94 .32 Special

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clean it-shoot it-enjoy it!!!!! That is a sweet rifle. And if you decide to sell it let me know!
Shoot safely,
Randy

I appreciate the compliments, but I think this gun has already fallen into the "I'll never sell it" category. It's even pushed me over the top on learning to reload being that this caliber ammo isn't exactly easy to come by.

If I blow myself up trying to reload, you might ask my widow if she wants to sell it. ;)

-S

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the compliments, but I think this gun has already fallen into the "I'll never sell it" category. It's even pushed me over the top on learning to reload being that this caliber ammo isn't exactly easy to come by.

If I blow myself up trying to reload, you might ask my widow if she wants to sell it. ;)

-S

Good on you. Clean it, load it, shoot it, give it a little TLC, don't modify it in any way (to include re-finishing), and don't ever turn loose of it. Just leave it to me in your will! J/K Reloading for it is not that big a deal ... probably a really easy one to learn on.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm really happy with it. This type of rifle gets me way more excited than any AR-15 or similar.

-S

x1000. I appreciate the classics and enjoy them more than the modern guns. Not saying for a second that modern weapons don't have their place in the world but when I go out to fire some guns, give me old school! This weekend I'll be taking out my Swede Mauser and my late 50s 22 Hornet as they have been getting neglected.

Beautiful 94, btw!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good on you. Clean it, load it, shoot it, give it a little TLC, don't modify it in any way (to include re-finishing), and don't ever turn loose of it. Just leave it to me in your will! J/K Reloading for it is not that big a deal ... probably a really easy one to learn on.

Reloading will be a piece of cake. Lot's of data out there. It has been my experience that the older lever guns don't take well to neck sizing only like my bolt guns do....needs to have the case full length sized. Your gun may be different though. Watch case length. Don't use pointy bullets. Above all....HAVE FUN. I am jealous.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
x1000. I appreciate the classics and enjoy them more than the modern guns. Not saying for a second that modern weapons don't have their place in the world...

After I typed that I was afraid someone might come along and think I was slamming the AR-15, which I definitely was not. I agree that they certainly have their place and I really enjoy shooting an AR. Not as much as I enjoy shooting an old lever gun, but there's nothing wrong with an AR-15 in my book.

Thanks everyone for all of the compliments. Looks like we might be getting some cooler weather next week, I'm looking forward to taking this rifle out for some more target fun.

-S

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stingray, I don't like levers or ARs, but I sure do like your 94. I'm a bolt gun kind of guy, and the only auto I own is a mini 14 because it's as reliable as a bolt gun. Just never got into levers.

I don't know if Hornady makes a leverevolution bullet in this caliber, but if they do it would be a real performance enhancer. Otherwise, the tubular mag limits you to blunt ended bullets. Hornady's new bullet turns the 30-30 into a fair deer rifle (flame suit on and buttoned). Available components in old calibers can be a downside, but that's just part of the challenge.

Your rifle is beautiful and probably worth a bunch. CB

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stingray, I don't like levers or ARs, but I sure do like your 94. I'm a bolt gun kind of guy, and the only auto I own is a mini 14 because it's as reliable as a bolt gun. Just never got into levers.

Everybody's got their own thing don't they? I love lever action and never really got into bolt guns. I'm not really into autos either, but I really enjoy my brother-in-law's AR and I'd probably buy one if it came along at the right price when I have the cash to drop on it.

I don't know if Hornady makes a leverevolution bullet in this caliber, but if they do it would be a real performance enhancer.

Yep, it's available in .32 win spl, and I'm sure I'll grab a box or two before deer season gets here to try it out.

Your rifle is beautiful and probably worth a bunch. CB

Thanks, it's been sitting next to my desk since I got it because I can't stop looking at it. :) I expect it's worth a fair chunk of change, but I'm not tempted to sell.

-S

Latest posts

Top Bottom