Winchester 94 .32 Special

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great lever action...get a leather scabbard, oil it up and shoot the piss out of it.
You can't bond with it until you shoot a deer with it, though.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
32 special filled a niche during the transition from black powder to smokless.

If memory serves... it was introduced in '02.....a couple of years after the introduction of the 30WCF (30-30).

A good resource for new lever action shooters is found at leverguns.com.... load data, how to feed and care for a lever gun... more knowlege about Winnies and Marlins ---including collectors guns won't be found on the net.

32 Winchester special is Elk and black bear medicine if you keep the distances sane. I don't see much retail ammo for it in OK but it's still real popular in the wooded areas of PA and the upper midwest.

GOOD FIND.. !

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of sights are on that? Looks like a Lyman or Redfeid peep? Learn to shoot that sight.... once you learn them you will find they are the bees knees when installed on that class of firearm.

My armchair appraisal... that gun would bring over $500 to maybe $700 in some markets. DO NOT DRILL and tap it or refinish it unless you like to toss half your value in the crapper.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sights are Lyman peep sights. Don't worry, I never had any intention of removing the sights or drilling/ tapping for a scope and I was talked out of refinishing the wood a few pages back. Really the gun looks much better in person than in the original pictures. I gave the wood a rubdown with some gun stock wax and it really came back to life. That's all it needed.

I've been enjoying loading my own ammo and shooting it with this gun. I'm pretty sure it's going hunting this year.

-S

Latest posts

Top Bottom