Winter blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No dumbars. :flamed: Keeping you busy longer.

I think most people come to a point where they find the reloading a nice distraction from life.
It's kind of like wittling a stick. You need to focus on it, or risk having to have your finger reattached.

Not to be that guy... but...

My wife was reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" to me the other day, and it was talking about men and their "caves." Like he said, men like having something to "do," or some problem to solve. Reloading fits that bill well.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck for me trout fishing has just fired off good but here real soon I'll have to start pulling the press arm after the tedious brass prep has been completed! man I hope I get this house so I'll have some room and yes one of the 3 bedrooms WILL be my loading/gun area. I've got 300 pcs. of new 308 brass that need resized, trimmed, expanded, neck turned, and a tumble or two in there not to mention working up loads for the newest member the 7WSM oh can't forget the 284, 243, 223, and I think I'm good on the 17 Rem looks like I'll be busy for at least a month HA I wish. Later,

Kirk

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every guy needs a place where he can stand and scratch.

My little leanto on the side of my man cave allows me someplace to be outside and still out of the rain.
Some days I pull up a chair and do plinking under it.
Other days I might do some casting.
Cold days I'm inside, making ammo.

odie1

Marksman
Reaction score
With apologies to Mr. J&K, I am currently casting all the .45 bullets I can on these long, dark winter nights.

Rumour has it Mr. Claus is bringing a Lyman 4500 lubsizer (with heater). Figure I need a few thousand bullets ready when it arrives...

Odie1

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
working on the 9's several thousand almost done, then to 30 carbine 1000 give or take, and then 38spl several thousand, 357 1000or so, 40S&W several thousand , 41mag 500+/-, 45 colt 500+/- 45 auto several thousand. Then on to rifles 223, 7-08, 30-30 250 savage Ai that is the plan as of now!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rumour has it Mr. Claus is bringing a Lyman 4500 lubsizer (with heater). Figure I need a few thousand bullets ready when it arrives...

I bought myself one of those recently.
Be sure and get at least two sticks of lube to start off.
It'll take one just the fill the base.

I'm still a tumble lube guy for most of my stuff, but the lyman will see plenty of action lubing my plinker rounds.

odie1

Marksman
Reaction score
Got three tubes coming with it.... er, wait, thats what I hear..:oops3:..

Use Lee tumble lube my self, but what to try and make bullets that weren't all sticky for a change....

Odie1

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With apologies to Mr. J&K, I am currently casting all the .45 bullets I can on these long, dark winter nights.

Odie1

No apologies necessary! Some guys enjoy casting. Some guys enjoy reloading. I don't particularly "enjoy" either, but they allow me to do something I do enjoy. SHOOTING!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old mancave/shop has just gotten too small since last year, with adding more machine tools.
My contractor just finished pouring concrete for a 30'X40' fully insulated welded frame building. The concrete is curing under 2' of hay right now. The building will be delivered on the 20th, with construction finished just after christmas. First order of business after installing electric service, is to set up a real reloading bench. In the past the bench has been an old steel desk with a formica top that works Ok, but with three loaders, scales, etc on top, it gets crowded. I looked at the "show us your reloading bench" thread in the pics forum, and got some really good Ideas. Like everybody else, been loading some .45acp stuff, and getting ready to load some Barnes TTSX 168 grain in 30-06 for an elk hunting trip in a couple of weeks. New bullet for me, so it will be a new load to work up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom