Wish I was a ffl today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like they are being extra careful not to scratch or mar them up.
Not.

It pisses me off when I see this crap. Cleaning out their evidence room. I'll bet there are a lot of guns that were taken and the guy wants it back but wasn't notified. Then when he requests it back, somehow they can't find it. Now I'm double pissed off.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went. There were a few really good guns in there. All went CRAZY high for what they were and their condition from sitting in a property room for decades. Some in there from back in 1991....

I did not win any.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like all firearms auctions.

No kidding. I stopped going to firearms auctions years ago for this reason. It seemed like bidders either had too much money, or too little common sense. Or both.

I wonder though how prevalent shilling is at these auctions?

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had they accepted phone bids, I’d have been a player for the Romy and Chinese AKs as well as the Uzi and maybe the Feather 9.

I often wondered what the story was on guns like these too and often figured (like @Snattlerake) many were from folks who got screwed out of them. That was until I got really friendly with the Evidence guys at one of the biggest departments in the Pittsburgh area. Not only did I get to see what was there but also the case histories on some. It’s not to say they’re all justified confiscations but most are And I can honestly say that our locals got to great lengths to get guns back to the their owners as soon as the court gives the nod.

You guys should also be thankful they do these auctions At all. In Pittsburgh, the psycho liberals that run the city and county not only won’t auction the guns (even to a dealer), they won’t even let us strip them for parts. Literally hundreds of guns a year go directly into a furnace no matter what. A few years ago the DA sent an entire crate of new old stock Garands into the smelter. It (and dozens of other guns) had been confiscated sometime in the early 90’s from a guy who killed his wife. The family didn’t want any part of them and the cops did everything they could to get them saved but the DA said no.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been to several before the past 2 years, you would not believe what I have found and how cheap these auctions used to be. 1 example was a milled numbers matching norinco Mac 90 for $400

Latest posts

Top Bottom