Would like to hear your thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but it sounds like the gun functions fine, you simply don't like how it feels. If that's the case I don't think Kimber has any obligation to exchange any part for free. It would probably be a toss up as to whether or not they would make an exchange. If there is a problem with the gun or a defect in the frame I would be surprised if they wouldn't fix it.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Kimber, bought it brand new. I shot it a couple hundred times when cleaning it I noticed that the chamber looked like it was drilled off center. I had several people look at it, everyone agreed. I sent it back to Kimber they replaced the barrel, sent me an extra mag just because. Turn around time 2 weeks.
Shot the gun 7 or 8 hundred rounds, detail striped it for cleaning, launched the extractor plug into orbit in the garage, it never landed. Called Kimber, they sent me a new one for free.
After about 12 or 13 hundred rounds the rear sight started coming apart. I traded for a Springfield and haven't needed customer service in 20 -25 thousand rounds.
I had good service from Kimber. ymmv

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um unless you want to pay out the azz for a frame just sell it and get what you want. I've never heard that Kimber replaced their polymer frames with single stacks. They DID change their external extractor slides for internal ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom