Wyoming proposes law defying potential assault weapon ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what this will do since no federal ban has yet been passed and essentially the federal government doesn't have the right to tell the states what to do in the first place (aside from things that cross borders), but with so many of our rights being forfeited already and the looming threat to the 2nd specifically, I'm very curious as to how this will pan out.

http://www.independencedeclaration.org/2013/01/10/wyoming-gun-law-jail-terms-for-feds/

Wyoming lawmakers have proposed a new bill that, if passed, would nullify any federal restrictions on guns, threatening to jail federal agents attempting to confiscate guns, ammunition magazines or ammunition.

The bill – HB0104 – states that “any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming.”

The bill is sponsored by eight Wyoming state representatives ad two state senators. If passed, the bill would declare any federal gun regulation created on or after January 1, 2013 to be unenforceable within the state. To read more click here.

They have also passed a law back in 2010 that threatens the feds with up to $2000 in fine and up to 2 years in jail. To read more about the law that has already been enacted go here.

It’s time for states to rise up and take a stand against the feds who seek to make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to defend themselves. Let’s rise up and put the feds in there rightful place. As servants to we the people.

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Misleading thread title. Should read "proposed" not "passed". Don't get my hopes up like that!

That being said, I will be following and forwarding the info on this bill.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I think the spirit of this law is great but be advised that there is a long trrack record of SCOTUS decisions that extend the Commerce Clause to a whole heck of a lot more than "goods that actually cross borders". In fact, there are very few decisions in the last 50 years that limit almost any exercise of the Commerce Clause. The two that come to mind are US v Lopez and the more recent Affordable Health Care Act challenge. In each of those cases there very quick work-arounds "discovered".

Latest posts

Top Bottom