XBox 360 vs PS3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resistance is also a good PS3 exclusive shooter. One of the best game series of this gen is Uncharted(another PS3 exclusive)....and if you like button mashers, God of War is a pretty good series.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Xbox 360 Black Friday deal on the way.

congrats! you won't regret it. I have a 360 and 2 PS3s, and all the PS3s get used for is bluray/streaming video. Much better gaming on 360.

Make sure you pick up the Gears of War franchise. you can probably get them all preowned for like $5 a piece, but they are in my top 10 games of all time list.

also, MS is doing a promotion where they give away 2 free games a month on-demand for live subscribers. I've gotten some pretty good games for free out of it

scooby13dew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The two CPU chips run at the same GHz speed, but the PS3's seven individual cores beat out the Xbox's three dual-threaded cores. And in terms of performance measured in gigaflops, the PS3 tops out at nearly three times that of the Xbox.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The two CPU chips run at the same GHz speed, but the PS3's seven individual cores beat out the Xbox's three dual-threaded cores. And in terms of performance measured in gigaflops, the PS3 tops out at nearly three times that of the Xbox.

theoretically. the seven "cores" are really more like computation units, similar to those in a graphics card, and has some of the same weaknesses. General purpose GPU computing has come a long way in the past few years, but you're still limited by how parallelizable your computation problem is. It's not as simple as "more cores = better performance".

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
congrats! you won't regret it. I have a 360 and 2 PS3s, and all the PS3s get used for is bluray/streaming video. Much better gaming on 360.

Make sure you pick up the Gears of War franchise. you can probably get them all preowned for like $5 a piece, but they are in my top 10 games of all time list.

also, MS is doing a promotion where they give away 2 free games a month on-demand for live subscribers. I've gotten some pretty good games for free out of it

The bundle came with 4 games (it was the Best Buy 250gb bundle), I've ordered 5 more. Gave myself a budget of $300, and kept in it so far... more or less! I've gone over by only $6, and that includes buying a second controller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom