XBOX live gamertags...post them here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izahuh

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Halo 3 = Gun skills and strategy
COD= Spray and pray and Hope

Make the Rank of Major (30 Skill point)on Halo 3 before you can speak on behalf of it, Hell even captain (20)

chris kimble

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Having converted to COD4 from the halo's Im of the opinion that COD is infinetly more challenging. I'll admit I havent done much online play with halo3 but I've done plenty of system link with it.

With halo, you can sit and snipe using massive zoom and your crosshairs never move an inch. Hell you can snipe one handed in halo! The new pistols have become more realistic, but the original one was a hand held rifle.....all of these qualitys make halo fun and I enjoy playing it, but with COD there are so many ways to create your own individual player and the weaponry is more varied and more realistic.

The maps on Halo are so wide open and sparse that you cant help but play the role of what I call "vulture" where you can snag a lot of kills off of other peoples handy work (kill stealing). But in Cod4, the cover is random and scattered generously, but not to an extent that your ever all that safe. Playing COD4 you can have bullet penetration, you can throw grenades back, you can cook grenades for that perfect throw and explode, and you have remote detonation on some explosives, and you can go prone. Throw in the ability to call in air strikes and chopper support and halo cant compare. Just my opinion though.

All the bad habits I had to overcome in order to succeed in COD4 were habits I developed from my halo days. You just cant run through a map like a crazed psycho on COD the way you can on halo....unless you like dying a lot. Strategy is the key to COD4, without it you wont last long.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh snap, we better create a Halo 3 vs COD4 thread or something so this one doesn't turn into a fan boy showdown. You know, so we can keep this more about gamertags and such.

I know I contributed to the banter but.. I'm just sayin.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having converted to COD4 from the halo's Im of the opinion that COD is infinetly more challenging. I'll admit I havent done much online play with halo3 but I've done plenty of system link with it.

With halo, you can sit and snipe using massive zoom and your crosshairs never move an inch. Hell you can snipe one handed in halo! The new pistols have become more realistic, but the original one was a hand held rifle.....all of these qualitys make halo fun and I enjoy playing it, but with COD there are so many ways to create your own individual player and the weaponry is more varied and more realistic.

The maps on Halo are so wide open and sparse that you cant help but play the role of what I call "vulture" where you can snag a lot of kills off of other peoples handy work (kill stealing). But in Cod4, the cover is random and scattered generously, but not to an extent that your ever all that safe. Playing COD4 you can have bullet penetration, you can throw grenades back, you can cook grenades for that perfect throw and explode, and you have remote detonation on some explosives, and you can go prone. Throw in the ability to call in air strikes and chopper support and halo cant compare. Just my opinion though.

All the bad habits I had to overcome in order to succeed in COD4 were habits I developed from my halo days. You just cant run through a map like a crazed psycho on COD the way you can on halo....unless you like dying a lot. Strategy is the key to COD4, without it you wont last long.

Galaga > Halo3 + COD4.

First Freedom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got a new client today - 83 year old woman on a fixed income with over 35K in credit card debt - looking at her CC statements, there was a recurring auto charge of $49.95 for Xbox Live (she thinks must be for her grandson) - she had no idea it was on there or even what a auto charge was. Damned kids and grandkids taking advantage of their relatives! :mad:

Latest posts

Top Bottom