Y’all have any orphan wells on your property?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one that has been shut down for 10 years. I wanted it turned back to farm land but the supervisor said it is temporarily abandoned. I stated it’s been 10 years and he said that they don’t have to do anything until it’s been abandoned for 20yrs.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one here. All that was left was a iron pipe staub sticking up out of the ground about 2 feet, and a concrete pad that the pump sat on.

I go a shovel. Dug down about 2 feet around the pipe, cut it off with a torch, filled in the hole.

Had a buddy bring over his backhoe. He dug a hole next to the pad (which turned out to be 3 feet thick) and rolled the pad in. Covered it up.

That was 20+ years ago. Can't even tell it was ever there.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's Texas - the state of Oklahoma does not have a "Railroad Commission." The Corporation Commission in OK does what the Railroad Commission does in TX as regards oil field regulation.

I hope the Corporation Commission isn't a horrible as the Railroad Commission in Texas. They don't really do much to clean up the mess in Texas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom