Yet another person with an AR 15 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got my PSA lowers in this week, figure since they came in I might want to I dunno build an AR or something... Thought I would throw this up there for tips, suggestions, instructions etc for a complete newbie. Also checking to see if anyone who bought all the tools and built their AR might want to sell said tools off now that they're done with them rather than me ordering new tools form a store...if not brand recommendations and lists on good bad and other tools would also be great too.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm no expert at all, but it'd definitely help if you list your requirements and budget, and what you plan to do with the AR - simple plinking, 3-gun, target shooting, etc. Oh, and do a forum search, there's a scad of AR build information already posted on here :)

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm no expert at all, but it'd definitely help if you list your requirements and budget, and what you plan to do with the AR - simple plinking, 3-gun, target shooting, etc. Oh, and do a forum search, there's a scad of AR build information already posted on here :)

oh I've seen TONS of it LOL it was as much about gathering recent information IE new tools, good deals etc...

as far as requirements I want a 1000 yard zombie tactical super decked out one of a kind reliable high speed low drag bullseye bullet hose ;) all for less than $300.00 we can do that right?

in all seriousness I want to get set up for a reliable medium range heavy barrel target rifle thinking I'll stick with .223. I know that's not going to be cheap which is another reason I want to do the build route instead of buy...building it I can stretch the process out and get what I want how I want it and if it's extra pricey I just add a little extra time to the build.

also at some point I want to pick up a slidefire for my existing AR but that's a whole different kettle of stupid fish :)

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
oh I've seen TONS of it LOL it was as much about gathering recent information IE new tools, good deals etc...

as far as requirements I want a 1000 yard zombie tactical super decked out one of a kind reliable high speed low drag bullseye bullet hose ;) all for less than $300.00 we can do that right?

in all seriousness I want to get set up for a reliable medium range heavy barrel target rifle thinking I'll stick with .223. I know that's not going to be cheap which is another reason I want to do the build route instead of buy...building it I can stretch the process out and get what I want how I want it and if it's extra pricey I just add a little extra time to the build.

also at some point I want to pick up a slidefire for my existing AR but that's a whole different kettle of stupid fish :)

This would be right up your alley then. PSA Complete upper, 20" Stainless barreled upper with 15" free float quad rail.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/2421.php

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the money it is awesome. White oak makes some of the finest AR barrels available. It is stainless and not a bull barrel. It is going to be accurate and not weigh you down. No real reason IMO to get a bull barrel on an AR to shoot out to 600 yards. The high power guys do just fine without them. Just a bunch of weight you don't really need.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to trades, free used parts, and some good deals, I have about $500 in my 5.56 AR. It's a M&P lower, DPMS LPK, A2 stock, A1 upper, RRA BCG, and a Bushmaster 16" dissipator barrel. I love it.

I may have a few free cheap parts, if you find yourself in need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom