YHM R2 and YHM T3 Suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a suppressor for 300 BO and a future .308 purchase (SFAR maybe).

I recently read that the YHM R2 is a great budget option. Is anyone here using one?

Would I be happy enough using it for 5.56 and .22lr or should one also consider getting the YHM T3?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, YHM is one of the better bang for the buck suppressors out there. Spent some time behind a Turbo K. Great suppressor for the money.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a suppressor for 300 BO and a future .308 purchase (SFAR maybe).

I recently read that the YHM R2 is a great budget option. Is anyone here using one?

Would I be happy enough using it for 5.56 and .22lr or should one also consider getting the YHM T3?
The R2 was my first can. So far I have 133 rounds on it. I've only run 6.5 and .308 through it. I've seen guys run 5.56 on them and it was quiet, but if I was going to run a bunch of 5.56 through it, I'd get a dedicated 5.56 can to bring the level down.

I started off with the QD mount and quickly dumped it for a direct thread. I had zero wobble on the can, but I could tell that the harmonics were off as I couldn't get a consistent POI on paper but kept my SD below 4 each 5 shot string. I found a user here at OSA with the direct thread adaptor almost half of retail and bought it. POI is now the same as with no can. Plus it is about 1" shorter now. When I say inconsistent, I don't me like a scatter gun, but everything was within an 1" at 100, 1.5" at 200, it's just my rifles and loads are capable of much better accuracy unsuppressed.

Mine is solid, build looks good and I was recommend by a bunch of different people in various fields as a killer budget first can.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom