Your 3G iOS device is tracking you at all times...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is what you would see from me: work, home, work, walmart, home, work, academy sporting goods, red robin/red lobster/tahamara's, okc (for something random), school, school, school, work, home, range, home.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now all it does is log everything to a database, not like Apple is always watching your every move. Still kind of interesting, though.
That is not for sure.
It syncs the database to your computer.
If your computer has internet access and a firewall doesn't explicitly prohibit it, the file may be uploaded to apple.
Right now speculation is that apple is collecting the info for the purpose of developing new products.

I see google being sued for collecting WiFi data surreptitiously and now this.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i jailbroke mine 2 years ago. and theres a program called opt out that i run on it.
however if you are running is4 on your iphone the data will be transmitted to your computer then uploaded to apple
when you sync.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i jailbroke mine 2 years ago. and theres a program called opt out that i run on it.
however if you are running is4 on your iphone the data will be transmitted to your computer then uploaded to apple
when you sync.

No true, it is synced to your computer and a log is collaborately collected (ie if you upgrade phones, etc the data from each phone is combined) but there is NO evidence of the data leaving your computer (as of yet). The authors and researchers that found the data itself have conducted extensive packet sniffing and data logging and have found no evidence thus far of the GPS data leaving your computer.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No true, it is synced to your computer and a log is collaborately collected (ie if you upgrade phones, etc the data from each phone is combined) but there is NO evidence of the data leaving your computer (as of yet). The authors and researchers that found the data itself have conducted extensive packet sniffing and data logging and have found no evidence thus far of the GPS data leaving your computer.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/42697611

Latest posts

Top Bottom