Your 3G iOS device is tracking you at all times...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No true, it is synced to your computer and a log is collaborately collected (ie if you upgrade phones, etc the data from each phone is combined) but there is NO evidence of the data leaving your computer (as of yet). The authors and researchers that found the data itself have conducted extensive packet sniffing and data logging and have found no evidence thus far of the GPS data leaving your computer.
http://www.infowars.com/apple-sued-over-iphone-tracking/
ahem.....

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sure you can, when you do not want to be followed...... leave it elsewhere. or realize that your probably not important enough for your daily activities to warrant someone actively monitoring your movements over anyone else. worst thing that can happen is that braums realizes you and everyone else drives by this vacant lot so often that they put a store on it, so you cannot help but gain a few pounds on their delicious milk and ice cream.... oooooh or better yet a dairy queen..... damn... now im hungry..

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a problem for me. I have no use for a "smart phone" and only turn on my old cell when I need to make a call away from home.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do you have any nut-free links?

worst thing that can happen is that braums realizes you and everyone else drives by this vacant lot so often that they put a store on it, so you cannot help but gain a few pounds on their delicious milk and ice cream.... oooooh or better yet a dairy queen..... damn... now im hungry..

People say this... but I guarantee if you let me sift through all of the data you generate I can find some way for the government to fine you for something.
It can be a great revenue generation tool.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"They would just see me going to and from work."
"My life is boring, if they want to see where I'm going they can bore away"

Tom Tom sells user GPS data to police to help set up speed traps:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/27/tomtom-user-data-sold-to-danish-police-used-to-determine-ideal/

Apple posted an official response to this issue.
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/04/27location_qa.html

Yet they filed for a patent on tracking cell phone users based on this anonymous data :P

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Extracted the cell location table from the SQLite file in the iTunes backup directory and plotted the date/time, lat, long in gpsvisualizer.com.

Boy, what a huge waste of time. This is obviously nothing more than a bunch of tower location data. Many dates are missing and points are basicially all over the map. Especially in Tulsa. Shows a trip I took to Waco in February, but not the one in April, and nothing in between Tulsa and Waco.

This is a bunch of way overblown BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom