‘Stand your ground’ law protects shooter in deadly fight over parking space: sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody is saying that the shooter deserved to be battered. We are saying that he could have avoided being put in a situation where shooting may or may not have been justified by keeping his mouth shut. That's all.

The dead guy could have avoided his own death by keeping his hands to himself. If he'd have limited his actions to just running his mouth he'd still be alive. Period.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who parked where doesn't make a damn really. Don't put your hands on somebody unless you're willing to die. The guy got shot cuz he got physical. Why can't someone call someone out for parking in the wrong spot?? Several have mentioned the older fella should've let it slide. Why didn't the dead guy just let it slide?
This is my take 100% as well. Nevermind the parking spot, look from the assault forward. He was breaking no laws prior to being assaulted - which was the first law to be broke.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Lessons learned:

- If you are a CCW especially, be extra nice to people. The parking nazi was obviously being loud/rude/whatever enough that multiple noticed in the video, and apparently one went in and told people inside.

- If you are going to push people around, especially people you perceive as weaker than you, you may catch a case of dead.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m convinced there’s a portion of pro gunners that have never seen a bad shoot. Just like there’s anti gunners who’ve never seen a good shoot. We do our cause a disservice by not holding ourselves to a higher standard of conduct. Instead of making the leftists case of road rage CCW shootouts for them, we need to be known for de-escalation and using deadly force only when forced to. By supporting every single shooting by LE or CCW, we confirm preconceived biases against us.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legal or not, I fear this will be used as an excuse to tread on ALL our rights in reference to "stand your ground" laws. Whether it was legal or not, carrying a gun is a lot of responsibility. We all know this from the range. It's a bad idea to have your finger on the trigger when you aren't going to shoot something or to unintentionally flag somebody with the barrel. It's extremely reckless and irresponsible but legal. Just like idiots at the range, people who carry that don't have the forethought of "I'm bringing a firearm into a confrontational situation with several unknown variables" don't have the proper judgement, temperament, or intelligence to carry said firearm. This shooting may be justifiable but if I KNEW the guy, I'd stay far the hell away from him. Somebody earlier mentioned "suppressing their freedom of speech to avoid confrontation". That's not suppression of rights, that's choosing prudence because YOU'RE introducing a friggin GUN into a shitload of unknowns. In some cases, sure! that might be necessary to do if you see your kid being dragged into a panel van or an active shooter about to walk into a restaurant like Louie's or something. But this was a car parked in a handicapped spot. If you don't have sense to know the difference, just leave the gun at home before you give the Bloomberg fans a reason to **** on all of us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom