18" AR with rifle gas length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a stripped upper on the way and now looking at barrels. One I'm considering is criterion hybrid contour 18" with rifle gas length.

Any one use 18" with rifle gas? Any issues or special thing need be done to make it run?

Anyone shoot criterion AR barrels?

This will be my 1st Time where I assemble the upper

Sent via message in a bottle

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That will be one smooth sob in my opinion.

If you were to select a carbine extension then I might suggest playing with the buffer weights some would help with recoil/BCG cycle speed.
While there should be zero issues with the carbine extension, If you decide to put a collapsible stock on it I would suggest a Vltor A5 system.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Stag 3G with an 18 inch barrel and rifle length gas system seems to work just fine. I haven't shot a lot of ARs so I really can't give a comparison.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, like ASP, have used a white oak armament 18" barrel with rifle length gas. It was the most accurate AR I have ever owned and I regret ever getting rid of it. WOA will also include a matching bolt for $50 more if you want.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only run intermediate gas on an 18" (Noveske) with the Vltor A5 RE & buffer, but it was smooth as a baby's butt and more accurate than me!

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0800_zps38bf9a7c.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom