1911 pistols you would NEVER buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber, Llama or any double stack mag 1911.

Had problems with 2 different Kimbers, the only 2 I ever had. Also they are way overpriced. The Llama's aren't worth it at any price and double stacks just don't feel like a 1911.

Hmmm, never buy is pretty strong, let's make that not very likely.

j0sh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a Kimber before and swore I would never own one again. Well I came across the same one I sold, got it again, put a little time into it polishing some areas and a new mag, and so far after 200+ rounds it has functioned flawlessly.

Reaction score
Springfield GI
Owned one that was a piece of crap. Called Springfield, they said put 1k through it and it should stop FTE. Put over 1300 through it, still FTE, Tried different mags, ammo. Hell I sent it back and it still would FTE.
Add up the ammo, the mags, the range fees and I could have bought a Colt!
A thousand rounds my ass, How about making a gun that works from the get go.

PS. I have alot of friends who are totally satisfied with the XD, I may try one some day after I get the taste of being fed BS,,, out of my mouth.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned a Taurus and it was a great shooter, I don't care what others say. I would never buy a Kimber, they make some very nice looking pistols, but I think they are overrated....i've known too many people that bought them and had nothing but problems with them.

I'll stick to my Springfield, its been solid, just like the Taurus. (the guy I sold it to would also agree, he loves it)

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Taurus and I love it. I have yet to have a single malfunction with it. Great gun, great price. I will agree with the guys/gals about the Kimber... Father had one and it would FTE every 6 or 7 shots. He got fed up and just bought a Colt. Best decision he made. The Taurus is awesome but I would give my left one for a Colt. My thoughts...

Latest posts

Top Bottom