1911 - Which brand/model is the best for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jayd...

The more you write the worse you come off...If you don't have the means to look in that price range nor the fortitude to save up for it that is not my problem that is YOUR problem. I have never implied anything concerning poverty and only made reasonable suggestions. If you have to take the food out of your families mouth to buy a pistol you would be a fool to do so. And your "cutsie" attempt at trying to be clever by changing the expression that "money talks and BS walks"to back up your cry of poverty with "us Poor Boys" ....give me a break. As for your DW revolvers , if they were the originals before DW was sold to two or three different manufacturers you may have a good set. As for the Pythons there was a reason that they were so expensive ...it was called high quality machining and line boring of barrel and cylinder and the expense of hand timing and crafting each revolver. So, again you have shown the good people of this forum how ignorant your posts can be and how cheap you really are from your previous statement " I would love to have a Python, just can't see paying the price." These are your words , not mine!
You have tried to throw so much crap against the wall to see what sticks it is really laughable...well, I've had as much fun as I can stand for this evening...I'm out of here...lol
BJG

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jayd...

The more you write the worse you come off...If you don't have the means to look in that price range nor the fortitude to save up for it that is not my problem that is YOUR problem. I have never implied anything concerning poverty and only made reasonable suggestions. If you have to take the food out of your families mouth to buy a pistol you would be a fool to do so. And your "cutsie" attempt at trying to be clever by changing the expression that "money talks and BS walks"to back up your cry of poverty with "us Poor Boys" ....give me a break. As for your DW revolvers , if they were the originals before DW was sold to two or three different manufacturers you may have a good set. As for the Pythons there was a reason that they were so expensive ...it was called high quality machining and line boring of barrel and cylinder and the expense of hand timing and crafting each revolver. So, again you have shown the good people of this forum how ignorant your posts can be and how cheap you really are from your previous statement " I would love to have a Python, just can't see paying the price." These are your words , not mine!
You have tried to throw so much crap against the wall to see what sticks it is really laughable...well, I've had as much fun as I can stand for this evening...I'm out of here...lol
BJG

Now you’re even slamming DW for being crap, my DW set was from the ‘80’s. That means the DW 1911 you’re referring to would be produced after DW “was sold to two or three different manufacturers”, wouldn’t that make it crap also?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW... GMThunder and Glocktogo...have a good night and a wonderful week
Barry

You too Doc!

Well I guess all of us “Poor Boys” feel much better knowing that money talks and BS walks. I’m willing to have a heads up shoot out using an obliviously inferior weapon, even if it may mean I can’t shoot worth a crap. Of course there’s no way to know if it’s the weapon or the shooter that sucks without a real test!

Your reference to DW does not fall on deft ears, I own a DW 15-2 set and it’s my favorite pistol, oh wait, the whole set with 4 barrel’s only cost me 575.00 not 1500.00+ for a Colt Python. Ok I admit I would love to have a Python, just can see paying the price. DW definitely makes a top quality weapon, wish I had more in my collection.

I'm your huckleberry! :D

Like I said, I'm willing! All I've heard so far is talk from an anonymous internet tough guy! :screwy:

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This simple thread has turned into so much more that ever thought possible. I mean, it was only your typical 1911 question thread started by a forum noob. Then out of the blue one of the forum legends lends a helping few lines of text.. now we have this gem we have come to love.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Barry, any idea on why the DW SS is cheaper than the blued on the site? I am assuming they both have the same internals? I thought SS was usually higher?

Latest posts

Top Bottom