2009 ORA State Convention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this is my first attempt at a "New Thread" I'm open to any suggestions or constructive criticism.
That said, I wish to inform OSA members of the 2009 ORA State Convention. Thank you.

OKLAHOMA RIFLE ASSOCIATION
STATE CONVENTION

Keynote Speaker: U.S. Senator Tom Coburn​

Saturday

August 22, 2009

Mark your calendar and be sure to attend the Oklahoma Rifle Association’s State Convention on Sat., August 22, 2009. We shall return to the Biltmore Hotel, I-40 and S. Meridian, in Oklahoma City. It’s a great time to meet with other supporters of the Second Amendment.

This year we have tentatively scheduled as our keynote speaker U.S. Senator Tom Coburn. Because of the recent national elections, Sen. Coburn will provide insight as to the impact upon the Second Amendment under the new national administration.
The day starts with exhibits, informative seminars, the Annual Members’ Meeting, and the Awards Banquet. And, of course, we’ll have a great silent auction where you can pick up a variety of hunting and shooting items. More details and ticket reservation information will be provided in the July Sharpshooter.

Special ORA Hotel Rate:

$72 + tax for ORA members. For reservations:call (405) 947-7681. Tell hotel you will be attending the Oklahoma Rifle Assciation annual convention.

Early Bird Special

Buy advance tickets to the Awards Banquet and you’ll be eligible to win a great prize.

SEMINARS

Informative Topics for the Members & Family

1:00 PM -FIELD FIRST AID

Presented by the highly experienced Randy Dailey, this seminars will provide critical information for any person taking to the field or confronting life threatening situations in daily life.

2:00 PM - RELOADING

Presented by longtime shooter and reloader Paul W. Abel, this is a must for the serious shooter who is concerned about a steady ammo supply and cutting the expenses of shooting.

3:00 PM -Self Defense for Women

Every wife, daughter, or granddaughter should know how to protect themselves in a world where danger may strike in a seemingly normal environment. Michael Abel, a professional in the subject area, will provide life saving information for the ladies, both armed and unarmed. This is a must!

6:30 PM - Awards Banquet & Silent Auction

Keynote Speaker: U.S. Senator Tom Coburn

Advance tickets are $35 per person and cover both seminars and the Awards Banquet. Children (12 and under) $15.

Seminars only $15.

(After August 12, Banquet tickes are $40).

To puchase tickets, send check or MO to

ORA , PO Box 850927, Yukon, OK 73085-0927

or pruchase online at: www.oklarifle.org

Mr Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Larry, The convention opens around 12 noon to 12:30. This gives the exhibitors time to get set up in the exhibit hall. If anyone knows a potential exhibitor please contact me as we still have a few openings. OSA perhaps? With the banquet and the silent auction we won't get out of the hotel intill 9:30 at the earliest. It's a long day for some of us.

Berettaman, Sorry, but the last time we tried that we had one of the poorest turnouts ever. Seems TRC wanted us to come up there then didn't even have a decent member showing. Money wise we lost our shirt. The Board decided that the best convention location would be in the center of the state.

neverjeg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would really like to go to this - but the day doesn't look to exciting or informative. Has anyone been to these? Are they worth the day?

Latest posts

Top Bottom