2011 Deer cam pics..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heres a couple i got in the last few days. not a whole lot of bucks around the area i hunt on. this is the first time ive seen this one and so far its the biggest one ive got a picture of this season. i found a huge really thick shed in june, but it looked like it had been there for a year or two and ive never seen the buck roaming around. i hope its still alive somewhere. its gotta be really big now and pretty old. i plan on hunting thursday morning and if i see this one ill shoot it. the doe was just a funny pic i figured id share with u guys.

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_MDGC0073.jpg

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_MDGC0324.jpg

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got access to a new spot about 3 weeks ago and put up a cam and feeder. Here are a few from the first round of pics I got. Based on the pics and the fact that it's 200 acres of land to hunt for free, I think I'll keep it ;)

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_165.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_355.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_352.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_325.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_312.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
this guy cruised through the lease. we got him on three cams. looks like he was looking for receptive does at all the feeding spots. hope he sticks around or at least comes back!
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PB160375.jpg

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finallly have something to contribute to this thread so figured I would. I bought a cheap tasco off midway after thanksgiving. Takes real good pictures but I think the motion sensor may suck a lot. I will walk around in front of it and it won't take a picture sometimes. The other day 5 minutes after shooting hours I see 2 doe run into the field and stand right in front of the camera and it never flashed. Either way it took this picture a few days ago. I saw this guy once before and am glad to see he made it through the season. There was a crap-ton of rifle shots in the area when I was out there opening weekend.

Question though. Is is common for deer to get a "crab claw" like this guy? I always thought that was more of a mule deer trait and whitetails go come off the main beam. However, I am really new to all this and don't know much.
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's from the western part of the state, there's a slight chance its a hybrid. I've seen whitetails with forked tines before, but they're usually not that pronounced.

That's also not called a crab-claw. Crab claw points come off the tip of the main beam, like a crab claw growing off the end.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhh. While that makes sense, what would you call this one then? Just a forked tine I suppose, no special name?

And nope. Near Noble. I'm from the panhandle though and have a lot of family and friends out there. I have heard of a hybrid that had a whitetail antler on one side and a mule deer antler on the other. But I see no way he has any mulie in him. I am correct that it's a bit unusual then?

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, its just a forked G-2. Its unusual, but I wouldn't call it rare. What makes it unusual to me is how big the fork is, not just the fact that its forked.

I'm gonna call BS on the hybrid with one whitetail antler and one mule deer. That's not how hybridization works. Antlers aren't always symmetrical, and I guess people will see what they want to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom