2012 Oklahoma State Fair Food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another year, another thread, and another state fair full of delicious and disgusting new food concoctions that I can't wait to shove down my throat.

I've had several offerings over the years -- deep fried coke, turkey testicles, chocolate covered bacon, chocolate covered corn dog, and the doughnut burger, to name a few. The biggest disappointments being the deep fried coke and chocolate covered corn dog. The deep fried coke was nothing more than bits of funnel cake in a Solo cup with coke syrup drizzled over the top. The chocolate covered corn dog was a regular corn dog coated with a messy slopping of Hershey's syrup. I was expecting something like a chocolate covered banana.

This year, besides the usual helpings of beer and Fesperman's Peppered Beef Jerky (the best jerky next to homemade), I'm excited to try the deep fried chili dogs, chocolate-dipped pb&j, beer-battered deep fried bacon, bacon chocolate milkshake/bacon smoothie and/or bacon sundae, the deep fried bacon brownie, and one or more of the Frenchee offerings. Another thing I'm excited about is the tip I received just this morning. Apparently, if you slip the vendor an extra buck or two, they'll dip a cooked corn dog in batter and double fry it, making a huge crusty corn dog.

So, what artery clogging treats are you guys looking forward to cramming past your lips?

You can go to http://okstatefair.com/sfemmap/ and separate the foods by item to look at all the possibilities.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of them. The coke thing was nasty too. Be there tuesday day.

I didn't find it nasty, I just found it bleh. If I would have known it was funnel cake with coke syrup drizzled on it, I could have pictured how it tasted and been correct.

Here's the pic if anyone else is curious:
62855_473704771689_7473576_n.jpg

At the Tulsa State Fair, I love the roasted ears of corn.

For as long as I remember, I never understood the fascination with the roasted corn. I always thought corn on the cob can only be so good. Until 2 years ago when I tried one. Pretty impressive. I got one last year and will again this year.

Despite all of the fair foods I've had, I've also never had the cinnamon rolls because I share the same attitude about them as I once did the roasted corn. I've had good cinnamon rolls before, but it's just a cinnamon roll. How good can they be?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warm up- Corn ear dunked in butter, doused in salt & pepper, washed down with a bucket of lemonade. Main Course-King sized Italian sausage sandwich with extra onions and peppers, side of curly fries. Dessert- Giant cinnamon roll with coffee.

Then headed down to the rides with the kids. Ought to be interesting!

Latest posts

Top Bottom