2012 Oklahoma State Fair Food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dans Indian Tacos

In high school, I had 2 friends that worked for Dan's Indian Tacos and both of them said, "Don't eat Dan's Indian Tacos." They would never say why, they'd just repeat themselves, "Don't eat Dan's Indian Tacos."

I tried the double-dipped corn dog tonight. The employees looked at me like I was an ugly retard from a gun forum when I asked them to take a ready-to-go corn dog, dip it in batter and fry it again, but they didn't charge me extra and it turned out alright:

252525_10151203378266690_872059992_n.jpg

It really was "girthier" in person than it looks in the pic (I'd say 50-75% bigger) and I caught a few people looking at it and talking about it. I'd recommend trying it, but probably just with a regular corn dog. That was a lot of batter and it got hard to eat towards the end. Like eating an entire batch of corn bread.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife & I split everything we had tonight because neither of us brought a big appetite. Early on we had an Indian Taco and although Danny's pals advise against it, it was in fact a Dan's Famous. I'm not dead yet but if my post count stalls out you guys will know what's up.

Then we had a Bacon Wrapped Dog, with relish, mustard & onion. That one is a winner, we both liked it.

We bought our cinnamon roll to go and just finished it about a half hour ago, it was tasty but in all honesty the fair cinnamon rolls have nothing on a Perry's cinnamon roll.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy on the route told me about the " Gumbo" asked if I liked it... then told me he had a bowl of the gumbo, 3 corndogs and that italian sausage with cheese and onions... then told me " he wasn't fit to be around anyone".... awesome, burrrrrp

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to stick to my usual, cinnamon roll (regular) corn dog (regular) and gyro (regular)
I think I am a regular kind of guy (boring) ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom