2012 Sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I live on 110 acres of land and all my life i have never found any shed antlers. And trust me I used to be in the woods nearly every day.

If you were in that area a lot, maybe the deer were using other areas due to your frequent presence. Other than calliing for predators a couple of times, I avoid my hunting areas until I know the antlers are on the ground. The reason I say this, the only year I haven't found any sheds on my best place, the landowner let a couple of older gentlemen squirrel and rabbit hunt, and they were in there about 2-3 times a week from january - mid march.

Last edited:

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May have something to do with it. Hay meadow across the river where I've been picking up some of these sheds consistently has 40 or so deer on it each evening. We turned out cattle on the hay meadow this weekend and I haven't see a deer one on it since. I guess they don't like sharing their nice green field with the cows. I expect my finds to go way down on that meadow now.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Took the kids out today in search of sheds and shrooms, no shrooms but found these. The green on the forest floor was taller than I've ever seen it at this time of the year, warm and wet I guess. This is always the weekend I start looking every year, and usually I'm walking thru dormant grass and leaves, not so this year, a lot of it was over a foot tall.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_1289_1332024752488.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice find Okie4570! Always makes the trip worthwhile when you bring home a handful of sheds. I Know what you mean about the grass being tall. I went out Saturday looking for sheds and the grass had shot up bout 6 inches from last weekend. I didn't find a single thing. What do you do with your sheds?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Nice find Okie4570! Always makes the trip worthwhile when you bring home a handful of sheds. I Know what you mean about the grass being tall. I went out Saturday looking for sheds and the grass had shot up bout 6 inches from last weekend. I didn't find a single thing. What do you do with your sheds?

99% of them go into an ever growing pile, some of the large one's I give to a guy to make knife handles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom