2012 Sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's some my wife's grandpa cut off a skull he found last year while checking cattle. The skull was broken in half and next to a pond.

i218.photobucket.com_albums_cc157_boatpic2007_11_2_11088_1.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out yesterday for bout 4 hours and this was all I found. It sucked, there is this little pinkish white flower that has sprung up over the last week. What used to be a solid dark green background of grass to look for sheds in, is now littered with white, everywhere. Made it a little more difficult to pick a glimpse of bone out of.

www.questmhsa.com_r00s7a_3_10_2012.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't what it appears to be... it is actually part of a bigger antler and most of the main beam has been chewed off. The first tine from the base is the brow tine, and it splits on the backside at the bottom. It looks exactly like those big sheds I had in my truck. They both had some monster brow tines that both split at the bottom. I think it is a shed from the same deer, from a couple of years back. Hard to tell from the pictures, but my buddy looked at it and thought the same thing.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I see that now, I still haven't been out to look yet. Saw two bucks south of my house yesterday morning that still had both sides.

Latest posts

Top Bottom