2012 Sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another good afternoon shed hunting yesterday. Didn't find as many as last time, but bigger.

Found all five of these in the same type of terrain, none were along fencelines, but out in the wide open where there would be tall laid over bunches of grass, no taller than midshin high when it was laid over. I just picture them kinda raking their antlers through that grass and it pops them right off. This is by far the most productive terrain I've found and where I always pay the most attention, driving both directions over the same path.
www.questmhsa.com_r00s7a_1_28_2012.jpg

Found these this morning while out predator calling. I couldn't even call because I found one of these on the way to my spot, so I spent the rest ofthe morn shed hunting and picked up one more little one.
www.questmhsa.com_r00s7a_1_29_2012.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another awesome evening shed huntin yesterday. Found 7 in all, which was good in iteself...
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_1.jpg

But the best part was finding this monster shed!
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_2.jpg

And even better than that, I had already found the matching side a couple of months ago not more than 50 yards from where I found this one. So now I have a matching set, and pondering what to do with them.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_5.jpg

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_4.jpg

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a great find, what a beast...Hope you get a crack at him next year. Counting your previous finds you already have an impressive haul of sheds this year. Meanwhile I am still trying to find my first shed of the year...........

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, by far my best shed huntin year ever. Big part of it is I've got a new property by my house that has never been (legally) hunted and no one has ever gone in there and picked up sheds, so I'm finding new and old. It amazes me the concentrated area that I have found at least 80% of these sheds. There is a hillside that isn't more than 5 acres, bermuda and clumps of weed and briars. All stuck in the clumps of grass. Everything is so green right now that they shine like a diamond in a goat's ass. The two biggest I found last night were less than two feet of the trail I have been driving for over a year, just never saw them!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Another awesome evening shed huntin yesterday. Found 7 in all, which was good in iteself...
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_1.jpg

But the best part was finding this monster shed!
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_2.jpg

And even better than that, I had already found the matching side a couple of months ago not more than 50 yards from where I found this one. So now I have a matching set, and pondering what to do with them.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_5.jpg

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_23_12_4.jpg

Got to see those big sheds in person this weekend, pics don't do them justice. Found three small sheds this evening when predator calling, saw four bucks feeding that still had both sides so I'll wait a couple more weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom