2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brother in law and I cleaned up pretty good this weekend. He shot 3, a good size buck and two big doe. I shot 4, 3 doe and a decent buck. Got the big doe and buck together.

Shot this lil doe with a 308
IMG_2476.jpeg

Got the buck and big doe at 224 and 212 with my 6x47 Lapua and the other doe I didn’t get a picture with at 50 yards

IMG_2487.jpeg
IMG_2490.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpeg

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With mom passing on Friday I stayed with dad, my brothers and our families yesterday. We had scheduled our Thanksgiving earlier for mom but ultimately didn't work out.

I decided to get out of the house and chance seeing something this evening. I bumped four deer on the way to the shooting house.

I rattled this guy in about 4 or so.

View attachment 430444

I wasn't sure how much more hunting I'd feel like doing so after this 7 point walked in front of me twice I decided to pull the trigger. The last time was a little before 5. He's not the biggest by any means but I took the shot anyway.

View attachment 430443

This was the first trip to the woods where I didn't see at least one doe. Saw four or five bucks cruising for love.

With all of the junk that life has thrown at the family since mom entered hospice care back in August and with the funeral being Tuesday, I think I'll enjoy this hunt for a while and then might get back out after gun season settles down.
Sure sorry to hear about your mom, it’s a tough time for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom