.22 auto for a 9 year old.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mykah

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Mosquito and its great, a bit picky on ammo but only for the 1st 500 rds or so. I also just picked up a Ruger SR22 and its sweet, eats whatever. The Sig has a nicer feel to it...

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buckmark shot by the 5 year old to the left <<<.

@ Freedom - Your figuring assumes that there is intent to sell. That may or may not be the case. It also assumes that there will be need for repair which may or may not be true.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Buckmark, and I've shot it side-by-side with the Ruger Mk. II and Mk. III. The trigger on the Browning is hands-down better, and I prefer the ergonomics (notably the grip angle, though a .22/45 would be better) on the Browning as well.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got Ruger 22-45's for my kids (son's 8 and daughter's 11) and they love them. They've nicknamed them Riptide and Dragon slayer. I thought I'd like for them to get used to the grip angle and externals of the 1911 and it's working out so far. They also have threaded barrels so fit suppressors very nicely. They shoot everything I've put through them and will last forever based on the Ruger Mk1 that I've had for the last 30 years.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
besides holding well for a 9 year old .. he's got to be able cock slide back without losing control.
be sure to check out Ruger MK series pistols.

it's worth noting NO 9year old's judgement can be trusted unsupervised with a firearm.

my fav is ruger mk 2
www.wikihow.com_images_0_06_FileRuger_MK_II_8038.jpg
My dad got me this same gun when I turned 9 or 10. Loved it, there was a recall on the grips and they sent me a free set of hogue ergo grips which really made it feel good. Its the best present my dad ever got me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom