6.5 creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it almost sounds like I should get a bolt gun if I'm going to do it.
Dubs, have you gotten yours figured out?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
factory ammo. reloads had some cratering but never pierced a primer.

I can't find a creedmoor pressure curve graph but I am thinking it may be steeper. Causing the problem before the bolt has ever had a chance to release.

I am not the only one that has experienced this. There are a lot of threads of people buying factory JP rifles and even GAP's having the exact same problem.

It's a pressure problem. Not a platform problem. I've seen several threads. Most of what I saw was early factory Hornady ammo being too hot or barrels out of spec. If it's blowing primers with the gas turned off, then it's not simply too much pressure before the bolt unlocks. It's simply too much pressure period.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I corrected the problem so I would not say it is too much pressure, I would say it is a platform problem because adjusting the platform fixed it,

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Georgia Precision makes a 6.5 Creedmoor. Check out Sniper's Hide forum. The 6.5 Creedmoor seems to be more popular on that forum than the Grendel, for some reason.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Creed will out perform the Grendel and you won't need a 28-30" barrel to do it. Bullets are a wash, both shoot high in the BC arena. A 22-24" AR10 in a 6.5 Creed will manage 2,700-2,850fps shooting 140gr hybrids. Run the ballistics, you're supersonic beyond 1,400yds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom