'69 Rd.Runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a buncha hot drop tops, but Mopars hold value too.
1717262279206.png

https://classiccars.com/listings/find/1969/plymouth/road-runner

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Muscley Mopars were pretty light gauge steel, & had plenty of plastic & black cardboard.
Made to go fast, not made to last. But any high condition survivors (especially with extra racing options) are
NOT cheap.
On the other hand, I had a '68 Chrysler Newport that was at a dead stop behind a school bus in a line of cars heading back from Mexico & was rear-ended by a semi hauling 25K Lbs. of tomatoes doing about 25-39 MPH. It bent up my Bumper & driver's side Qtr. Panel....knocked me into a little Datsun, & pushed that into a new Cordoba. Between the crack on my grill's badge & a couple of match head sized paint chips on other Chrysler. The Datsun was totally 'Accordianed' (only unsmashed part was the front seat). Nobody got seriously injured- but if my TANK wasn't between that poor Datsun & that idiot driven Semi-
they'd hafta bury the Datsun driver's remains in a mop bucket.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a good price. 23k in todays $.
BTW my dad had a 68 Newport. 440. Was a tank & really moved for a heavy car
My 'family style' Newport had a 383 & the body was super hvy. ga. steel with those unique 'concave' sides. It wound up nowhwheres NEAR as ConCaved in as that poor Japanese car.
But when Mopar made cars to race, they were built light. Sorta like my old Ford Torino GT Convertible with a CobraJet & shaker hood. I could feel my thigh bending into the dog house when I waxed it.
*SigH*
....I miss America. I say we hang the traitors & get back to acting like we own the place.
'Cuz we DO!

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old Muscley Mopars were pretty light gauge steel, & had plenty of plastic & black cardboard.
Made to go fast, not made to last. But any high condition survivors (especially with extra racing options) are
NOT cheap.
On the other hand, I had a '68 Chrysler Newport that was at a dead stop behind a school bus in a line of cars heading back from Mexico & was rear-ended by a semi hauling 25K Lbs. of tomatoes doing about 25-39 MPH. It bent up my Bumper & driver's side Qtr. Panel....knocked me into a little Datsun, & pushed that into a new Cordoba. Between the crack on my grill's badge & a couple of match head sized paint chips on other Chrysler. The Datsun was totally 'Accordianed' (only unsmashed part was the front seat). Nobody got seriously injured- but if my TANK wasn't between that poor Datsun & that idiot driven Semi-
they'd hafta bury the Datsun driver's remains in a mop bucket.

Yeah, replacing floors, trunk floor, and quarters on mine lol. It's a long term project.

Latest posts

Top Bottom