7.62 x 39mm dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great link,I haven't heard of them. Steve

Someone here mentioned them is how I found out. Based in Stillwater and seem to have a good selection. I am getting ready to order some surplus 303 from them if for no other reason then the clips.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The police and military will get first priority on manufactured ammo as well as components. Steve

Exactly, where do you think I'll be getting mine? My SHTF gun is a 5.56 AK with an AR mag adapter, I'm set.

Battlefield pick-up for the win.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can think of several reasons not to pick 6.8spc, .30rar, or 6.5 grendel over 7.62x39.

1. The cost of the platforms is more than double what an AK or sks is.

2. The cost of the ammo is substantially more than 7.62x39.

3. The availability of said ammo is far less in comparison to 7.62x39.

4. If you want a new toy then buy an expensive rifle in an oddball caliber and bang away.

5. Better is the enemy of good enough. If one has to defend his life/property then its the small details that are no longer relavant. The basic AK variant and SKS are cheap, fun to shoot and will kill effectively if needed.

+1........ It will be around for awhile

smTm8q

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel that. And if a fella had to shoot through the woods or whatever too. But above all is availability. Well, unless someone wanted to bury a bunch of it or something crazy like that ;P

Latest posts

Top Bottom